1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Injected65

Re: Pics of my hooptie - Now with video

Well rather than start a new thread, I figured I would bring this one back from the dead. I got the car picked up from the chassis shop this weekend. Wow..... thats all I can keep saying. Huge thanks goes out to Travis from Steel Concepts Fabrication (www.steelconceptsfabrication.com). He did a killer job on the car. Now I need to get to work cleaning everything and putting some POR15 on the cage.

Thanks,
    Chris

BTW - I guess the cage got certified to 25.4 per the sheet the NHRA tech gave him. It supposedly a higher spec than 25.5 but with the same 7.50 and 3600# limitations. If anyone knows the difference between the 25.5 and 25.4 I would be interested in finding out. Even Travis was unsure why the difference (unless maybe he just marked the wrong check box on the paperwork).

2. jdpepper

:2thumbs: WOW :2thumbs:

3. Injected65

Thanks. Its a regular jungle gym inside there. I am going to have to bribe my buddies 6 yr old into climbing in and painting some of the rear bars :)

Chris

4. botietr

Nice Job..looks killa.
    im in the process of doing mine now,25.5. worth whatever u paid,,lol

5. jdpepper

just out of curiosity, what does a 25.5 chassis cost?

6. Injected65

Travis will do the basic 25.5 cage setup for $4000. That is bringing him a bare roller and going from there. I addes some extras like a tubular lower core support, reinforced front frame rails, intercooler mounting, removable steeting wheel, and a few extra bars not required by the cert.

Chris

7. SWT Racing

That looks damn good, Chris. Someday maybe I'll have a chassis that nice.

The 25.4 spec is the full tube chassis equivalent to 25.5. I don't have the actual specs so I can't tell you the differences, besides the 25.4 will have more bars, especially in the floor and firewall area.

8. jdpepper

Thats a great price for all that work and added safety. If I'm ever in need of a 25.5 chassis I just might look him up, Thanks.

9. SNYPER

Looks great chris!!!! :2thumbs:

Where are they located??

10. Jake

Looks good Chris! The big difference from what I can read from my specs is that 25.5 you can use some mild steel in it and a stock floor. I dont know how you can play the stock floor into the 25.4 though but I'm pretty sure you can. Doesnt really matter tough since they both cut off and 7.50. But you may wanna call the inspector since he did certify it as 25.4 (all moly spec) because it has mild steel frame connectors and kickers in it.

11. Injected65

Snyper - Steel Concepts is out of Independance MO (North East side of Kansas City metro area).

Jake - I figured I would give Blackwell a call this week just to check. Not that it really matters much, but more to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks everybody,
    Chris

12. junk94

Looks killer Chris.

I tried to stop by tonight, but your truck was not there. When are you going to be around?

Ty

13. Injected65

Actually I am still here now :) I left my truck at the house and rode in with my brother (red stepside F150). I should be here till at least 6 or 6:30 (likely later) the rest of the week. I am going to be re assembling the car and preping the cage for paint.

Chris

BTW - Feel free to stop by if its just the red truck. I ahve been car pooling some lately to save on the diesel fillup bill.

14. Jake

Hey Chris I stopped by and picked up those crank sensor pickups tonight from Travis. I went ahead and got the six and had the other Chris just leave here a while ago with his 3 since he couldnt make it by Travis's. Travis did end up with one extra in the bag. Thanks ALOT!

15. badassmav

Looks badass

16. Injected65

Jake - Thanks man. I had one extra in there just in case someone wanted an extra. If anyone needs some more I can get them. I am out at the moment, but they are only one day out if I need to order some more.

badassmav - Thanks

Chris

17. mtpturbo

Looks nice, I didn't realize you were so far along. Hope we can line 'em up a few times next year (if I can get mine finished...).

-Chris S.
    Midwest Turbo & Performance

18. Injected65

Its getting there slowly but surely. I got a deposit on my old motor so now it will be a bit longer before it hits the track, but with a good motor I can set the blower on kill from the get go :D

BTW - You ought to post up some pics of your hot rods. These guys would get a kick out of the red car and there are a number of Fairmont lovers on here too!

Chris

19. junk94

Awww hell did you say Fairmonts? :chacha:

I will swing by on Thurs night, might be ready for a set of brakes :2thumbs:

20. Injected65

Oh yeah. Chris has a killer little Fairmont wagon going together. Maybe I will talk him into posting some pictures.

Chris