1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Injected65

Re: Pics of my hooptie - Now with video

Ahhhh..well you know. Its still a hooptie, a real expensive hooptie until thecage work gets done and its painted. Then it might be called a racecar.

Chris

2. R Marshall

Looks good!!

3. taco33150

when you put in your k-member kit and tighten the a arms did the mounting tabs move a little while you tighten them up? i just instlalled the kit today and they moved a little

4. Injected65

Its been a while but I think that they did just a tiny bit. I made sure to only tighten them so the arm had no free play in it. I wanted it to be as loose up and down as possible.

Chris

5. taco33150

thanks for the reply, i really like the kit alot. oh and your car is the shit, keep up the good work :2thumbs:

6. jdpepper

i have to stop watching your videos, its making me think twice about my turbos.... bad ass car :2thumbs:

7. Injected65

Thanks. Today I got out the sawsall and got most of the cage cut out of the car and the seats and dash removed. In about 2 weeks the car goes in for a 25.5 moly cage and then onto paint. By the end fo January or so the car should be looking complete.

Chris

8. Gary Putnam

You gonna be working on the car any tommorrow?

9. Injected65

Should be. I imagine I will be lazy and sleep in since its 3:15 right now :D I'll probably make it down to the shop by noon or a little after.

Chris

10. jbi66

Wow. Thats one of the cleaner installs Ive seen in a while. But where is this hooptie you speak of :noidea: On a serious note, is that a reverse flow coolant system you used or just a remote mount pump? I like the blockoff plate for your water pump. Did you make that or where did you buy that? Also, what size is that aluminum piping?

11. Injected65

Well my 65 is the real hooptie in the shop right now. While the coupe is at the chassis shop I need to rid myself of the last remaining shock tower and prep the engine bay for the R&C crossmember. The cooling system is stock in its operation, just I used a remote mounted pump and braided lines. The blockoff plate is the same as any one that comes with an electric pump, I just had Gary Putnam (see above :)) weld on the fittings for the AN line. The piping is 4" aluminum.

Later, I am off to the shop. I'll get some updated pictures today!

Chris

12. jkoogler

awesome car. my shortblock is very simialar to yours. my is a 410 though but everything else is the same. i haven't turned it boost or timing yet. I wish my d-1 was as loud as yours. i thought mine was loud but damn yous sounds sick. :2thumbs:

13. noscabs

Does anybody else get annoyed with the constant air blowing sound that comes from those Procharger bypass valves? When I drive my car around all I hear is air blowing through that thing. I mean, I love how it sounds when I let off and I get a nice blow-off sound, but when I just cruise around that thing is just blowing so much air out it's all you can hear (besides the blower whine, of course).

By the way, Chris, mine made 923 at the wheels the other day. Thanks again for that deal on the F2 you got me. (Ian)

14. Brent Davis

Is this a blow-thru motor? If so, what is the motor combo? How much boost?

15. noscabs

Yes, it is blow through.

My combo:
    Gen V 454 BBC
    Eagle crank/rods
    JE pistons 9.2:1
    Merlin iron heads w/studs
    solid roller
    CSU 850 (78/92), EV hat
    PE 460 pump, PE reg.
    F2 cog
    c16 fuel
    TH400, PTC converter

I didn't look at the boost on the 923 run, but probably around 22 psi.

16. Injected65

Well with 3.5" bullet mufflers and no insulation at all, I can't really hear the bypass much :) Congrats on the dyno numbers. Thats some awesome power.

Chris

17. Brent Davis

Great information to know. Thanks for sharing.

18. Tims86-9.80

Mine sounds like a 747 when I drive it down the road, because there is no need for boost and it is coming out the bypass. There is just no way around it when you have a blower. I guess a turbo might not be the same since there is no load so the turbo might not be spining but the Turbo guys would have to speak up. Just not much you can do about it.

19. RI85GT

You could run a bypass :noidea:

20. Injected65

Crappy mild steel cage, on special this month only :D

[​IMG]#ad

Here is the car as it sits now....

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Chris