1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lteone

Re: Pics of my hooptie - Now with video

damn that thing sound hatefull :bow:

2. Jake

Thats BADASS Chris!! F-2's just sound sinister!!!

3. little2v

damn, how much louder is the f2 vs a d1x

4. basketcase

I can tell you an F2 is CONSIDERABLY louder than a regular D1. Never heard the d1x.

5. Injected65

Its probably a toss up. THe oil fed blowers are generally pretty loud, but this F2 screams pretty darn good its self.

Chris

6. SNYPER

Is that beast open header?????

7. Injected65

Its loud, thats for sure. The exhaust system consists of 2" primary Kooks headers dumping into 3.5" exhaust with Bullets with some mini turn downs.

Chris

8. Tims86-9.80

That blower sounds familuar.

Send your blowers to me and I will do my majic on it and get it to sound just like Chris' . I will need the blower for no less then three weeks once summer starts. No charge, I am a hell of a guy.

9. Tims86-9.80

Chris I would like to make a suggestion. I know many people do it, but I have seen many junk radiators because of pusher fans. When a car gets up to speed there is amazing air flow, and if the fan is trying to spin it can dig into the radiator. I know some of them have the outer band of plastic from blade to blade but it can still get pushed into the radiator. Just a suggestion.

10. quarterstang86

You don't know me from a hill of beans but props to you and the nearing completion of your car, looks great! I checked out your website and didn't see anything in regards to specs on your rotating assembly or block?

11. Injected65

Hmmm thats a good suggestion. I know Jeremy had a pusher on this radiator and I can kinda see where it was rubbing a bit. Thats probably the reason. Now that the car is running I can see I have enough room for a fan behind the radiator. I'll probably move it threre unless I need a pusher.

Chris

12. Injected65

Well to be honest I am a bit embarrased by the short block. I have spared little expense except for I built a stock block motor. The setup is a 69 filled 351W block with an Eagle 3.75" crank, Eagle 6.250" rods and SRP dished pistons. The motor has gone 9.19 @ 159 before with a set of stock AFR 225's and acrappy converter in a friends car. I hope to get it into the high 8's and not explode it. I am keeping an open eye for a SVO or Dart block right now.

Thanks,
    Chris

13. Brent Davis

Chris I really liked the video. Damn, makes me want a blower for real now ;). Good job getting the car up and running. Hopefully that thing will definately rock and roll for you. The blower has already been 8.20's, so now it is time to take the car the same :D.

14. TurboCamaroKid

nice, i watched the burnout 20 times :D. how much is your block filled and bored?

15. RobR

Nice Vids ...! sounds mean as hell too .....! Good luck with car next year .

16. Injected65

The block is bored .030 over (4.030"). I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the fill when I had it apart, but I seem to remember it being to the bottom of the water pump holes.

Chris

17. quarterstang86

No need to be embarrased, atleast your coming along with the car and getting it going. It's all to difficult to always have the "best" parts or what everyone else around you might be doing. Worst case scenario you could always run the motor and switch your rotating assym into another block later. Be sure to keep your post updated with progress, I already have to check too many sites a day for updates. :D

18. 10.5stang

that looks great!

19. junk94

Stop by the other night to look at the car, :eek:

The pics do not do it justice

20. buhbyy

hooptie????? I just see a bad azz stang :huh: