1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Injected65

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 9/29/07 - Race Time

No pics to update with, but tomorrow is a busy day. In the morning the glass guys will be by to install a new windshield and glue in the rear glass. Then at 1pm I have to go and get my physical for my NHRA license. Then in the afternoon its a trip 90 miles west to pick up 15 gallons of C16. Once I get back I need to grab the trailer and bring it home. Then I have to work on getting the winch installed, battery relocated and the trailer arranged with the new toolbox and such. Later on this week I am getting the car aligned and then its off to Mo-Kan on the 20th for a Mako 10.5 1/8th mile race. If I get a chance tomorrow I will roll the car out and get some new pics with the glass installed and the hood on the car.

Later,
    Chris

2. BOOOsted91z

Indeed sounds like a busy day! Hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get everything taken care of, Looking forward to seeing pics with that hood on there :2thumbs:

3. Injected65

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Here are some pics of the new hood. Its a bit drastic, but it should clear most anything I put under it. I think it will look even better once its painted and I am looking into putting a glass bumper cover on it this winter.

Chris

4. RI85GT

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 10/9/07 - New Hood Pics

Damn, That ones sleeps 5 right?

5. Injected65

Dead hooker storage :angel:

6. botietr

Looks great Chris!!!

Can you get that rear spoiler from Snoopstang with a wickerbill?
    I have a friend looking to put one on his car but doesnt have the money for the Racecraft and the Raceraft comes with an adjustable wickerbill. Other than that thay look close to the same.

7. Injected65

Last I knew, Racecraft was the only people making the wing with the adjustable wickerbill. This SOS wing has a fixed bend in it. I'd have to measure it to find out the exact angle. If he can swing the Racecraft piece, I can get it for you at a discount off of their website price.

Chris

8. botietr

Hell..i wished i knew that before i bought mine. :bang: :bang:

9. Pontiac4ever

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 9/294/07 - Race Time

Cool....I'll be at both of those events. I'll have to remember to come by and say hi. Should be fun to watch.

Craig

10. Jake

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 9/294/07 - Race Time

We'll be at the Shootout @ KCIR with the S-10 hopefully. See you guys there.

11. Injected65

Look for the big guy with the slowest car and the shiney-est paint and that will be me :D

12. Injected65

We are set up with Racecraft so if you know anyone looking for their parts just let me know.

Chris

13. Jake

That makes two!! We (myself and Ric/HUBCAP) will be the ones looking like dumbasses w/ an untested combo. :D :bang:

14. Injected65

I should have at least 3-4 hits on the car from the race on the 20th at Mo-Kan, but other than that it will still be a fresh combo. I just hope that I can work enough bugs out of it to be able to make some full 1/4 mile passes.

Chris

15. Injected65

16. Injected65

Almost 4 years since I started this thread and I'm still not "done" with the car :D

Here is the new look for this year. Bought a Schoneck bumper cover and a short 3" Harwood hood. Changed to Champion front wheels.

[​IMG]#ad

Also updated the motor with a new cam, Turbo 400 trans and a few other little things here and there. An AMS1000 is next up on the list here in a few weeks. Then its off to the track to get a run or two in before winter. I swear I am going to leave it alone for a while after this round of changes ;)

Chris

17. botietr

Re: Pics of my hooptie - 8/29/09 - The New Look

Damn Chris..i thought you got lost.lol
    front end looks good.still running an 88mm?

18. RI85GT

Quoted for hilarity :lh: :lh: :lh:

Looks mean as hell with that new bumper. Need a side shot.

We should make a custom emblem for the grill ........

19. Injected65

Thanks. I do still have the PT101 with the 88mm reducer. I have had the car to the track a dozen or so times since the results thread, but never could find out the spooling issue. I went through 3 converters, the CSU carb, the C&S carb and now have a DFI system on the motor. I added a Danny Bee belt drive and played with cam timing as well. In the end after much pissing away of money I went to Don Bailey and pleaded for him to give the combo a once over and some recommendations. He wasn't fond of the cam so he suggested a new one and also convinced me to try a Turbo 400 trans. I sure hope that its the changes needed to get the car to front half well. I hope to get it out to the track before winter sets in.

I figured people would get a kick out of that comment. I am pretty much done as far as I am concerned. I went out and bought 20 acres of land out side of town a few months ago so my play money cash flow has slowed to a trickle now. Any changes will have to be done on an extended time frame or not at all. I'll definitely keep the custom emblem in mind. I'll have to come up with some ideas (feel free to suggest any).

Thanks,
    Chris

20. Gary Putnam

car looks good chris. You should try and make it to Wichita for the next heads up race oct 2 & 3.