1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

RaceCoupe/Hooptie - 2010 season is over - 5.10 @ 148

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Injected65, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Injected65

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 8/04/07 - Its Painted and Together

Thanks guys. I almost got the wing all installed tonight. Another hour or so tomorrow night and the wing will be done. Then I need to figure out what I am going to do for a chute (or maybe chutes).

Chris

2. BAD INT

loven it!!!! do you still have a link when you took it down the street naked?

3. Injected65

4. Jake

I have that video at home on my computer, I LOVE it! Although Chris driving naked was little awkward. :D :ras:

5. FourEyedFord

Lookin' badass Chris, can't wait to see it running! Thanks for getting the turbo stuff for me. If anyone doesn't already know, Chris is an awesome guy to deal with for parts! :2thumbs:

6. Mad Beems

the car looks fantastic! do you think you'll ever bring it down to wichita??

7. chris406

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I really want to see it run.

8. botietr

Since Chris' combo is somewhat close to mine ,id like to see what he runs also.
    get it going Chris.

9. Injected65

Thanks guys. I imagine that my first shakedown runs will be at Great Bend since they have the longer shut down and IMO a better hooking track. Past that though, I would like to bring it down to WIR for some of the heads up shootouts. Hopefully I can get the car out here in the next month or so. The car fund is sitting at empty right now due to some other bills that have popped up, but if I can move some of my used parts I will be able to get the last little things wrapped up.

Bruce, You have a PM.

Thanks,
    Chris

10. chris406

Really not many heads up races at WIR this year, it's pretty lame. The "King of the Street" races that are put on at night are okay though, just not many cars. Most are in the 10's 11's. You should put a throttle stop and 9 million stickers on your car and you'd fit right in at Great Bend, you could race super pro. ;) The people there won't have know what to think about your car, lol.

11. TwinTLuv

ya could make the LONG drive to southwest mo :D....we have two tracks in 60 miles, one will let ya run the full 1/4 and one is 1000ft for the quick cars...

12. Injected65

Well I got a bit done this weekend. The quarter windows are secured in and the interior trim is back in place. The passenger manual window regulator is in as well. The wing is mounted and the chute mount is fabbed up and done. I settled on a single 430 Stroud chute and mechanical launcher. It was looking like too much stuff was going to have to be moved to make the dual launchers fit back there. I went ahead and polished up the wheels and gave the car a bath. The new 6" windshield cowl hood is in KC now. I need to drive back up there this upcoming weekend to pick it up. All in all its coming together nicely. I am hoping that the next update will have pictures with the rest of the glass in the car and the intercooler tubing done. Then once the hood is on I can look at taking it to the track for some shakedown passes.

Thanks,
    Chris

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. RI85GT

Looks fast & mean Chris

14. Injected65

I sure hope it can back the looks up. If not it will at least make a cool show car :D

15. jdpepper

It will be too fast to see :eek:

The car looks awesome :2thumbs:

16. Hellion94

I don't know if it was stated earlier in the thread, but what kind of wing is that? Was it a custom piece?

Car looks outstanding

17. Injected65

The wing is a Southern Outlaw piece. PM Snoopstang to pick one up. It fit great and was a good bit cheaper than a Skinny Kid or Racecraft one.

Chris

18. ricky

whoa! thats sweeeeet lookin Chris! :2thumbs: congrats

19. Injected65

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 9/294/07 - Race Time

A huge thanks goes out to Brad @ Innovators West for making this beautiful 88mm restrictor for the turbo. I needed to bring the turbo down to an 88mm inlet to be Real Street legal for the MAKO Ten5 races (www.makotenfive.com). He has a ton of hours in making it but its a beauty.

I am going to next get the rear suspension set and then when the trailer makes its way back into town this week I am taking the car over to get the front and rear glass installed and the front suspension aligned. There is one last MAKO race at Mo-Kan raceway on October 20th and I plan on taking th car out for its maiden voyage at that race. After that there is a big test session at KCIR Raceway in Kansas City on November 3rd. Those two time out should give me some good data on how well the carb will work out for me and give me some data to go into the off season with. My hope is to have the car ready to rock as soon as the gates open in the spring to finish dialing in the car in preparation for a full MAKO season as well as the WSC race in May and maybe a few other races here and there.

Later,
    Chris

20. Unatural

Re: Pics of my hooptie - New Update - 9/294/07 - Race Time

That's awesome Chris. The car is looking better and better all the time. Good luck when you get it out there and start playing with it. :2thumbs: