1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Questions About Water Methanol Alcohol Injection - Post Them Here

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by AIS, Nov 3, 2007.

1. sneakypony

Hi,
    I have a 363 with a t-76 and I want to add a water/alky kit to it.I run the car on the street and plan on running 20+ lbs of boost. I have a friend who has a snow kit and loves it. I was thinking of going that route but was curious to see if the kit you offer is a better deal and if it had and features that was better than the snow kit.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Nestromaro

I've been thinking of running one of your kits but I fear taking advantage of the benefits that can come from water/meth injection because I am worried about ending up with one cylinder not getting enough water/meth and detonating. Has anyone dealt with this? I like the idea of a pre-turbocharger nozzle because it seems like the mixture would be completely homogenous by the time it hits the throttle body. Any thoughts?

3. ezenuf

Now, you recommend injecting pre-turbo. I have a Snow kit sitting at my house that came with my turbo kit. I have not installed it. What kit of yours would you recommend for my application and how hard is this going to be to tune? I'm running Sniper tuning software in my truck currently. Thanks for the help already.

Rich

4. AIS

What defines and separates a water methanol injection system from another is its controller and the quality of components used through out the system. These are by far the most advanced and versatile controllers on the market with more features built into them then any other competitors controller on the market.

With one controller you can run it on anything from a naturally aspirated vehicle to a turbocharged/supercharged gasoline or diesel application regardless if it's carbureted or EFI. One controller does it all!

Compare for yourself and see the difference.

* 100% digital processor for lighting fast response

* Quick, easy to use adjustment knobs

* The only controller which allows you the ability to manually adjust and change the start pressure, max pressure and curve of the system.

* Heavy-duty metal housing protecting the controllers CPU. Not plastic like other competitors controller.

* Greater range of adjustment then any other controller on the market with the ability to run true 2d Map using MAP, MAF, TPS, EGT or AIT in addition to Boost.

* Built in boost port for carbureted or EFI users who want to run a mechanical boost signal

* Built in serial port for connecting laptop for enhanced tuning features such as running multiple inputs (2d mapping) at once, data logging, saving and locking your settings.

* The only controller which allows you to use any of the following signals; Mechanical boost signal, EGT, TPS, MAP, Mass Air Meter, AIT, ACT or any other 0-5 volt sensor on your engine to base mapping of off.

* The only controller with a built in data logger allowing you to record and review the input signals being ran into the controller. Perfect for those who want to review the systems performance during a racing event, towing, normal daily driving, Etc.

* Built in status monitor which not only indicates when the system is activated but also performs a system function check everytime you turn your car on indicating the systems CPU is operating properly.

* The only controller which comes with free Windows based software

Additionally, unlike our competitors, each and every one of our trunk/bed mounts systems is pre-assembled and pre-wired by our own trained staff. Thereby making the installation quick, convenient and simple. Reducing the installation time from 5-7 hours to just over an hour to complete.

In addition, we hand test each trunk/bed mount water injection system to ensure it's working properly before it's packaged. Imagine spending an entire afternoon assembling a competitor's kit only to discover that it is defective! Or worse, a wasted trip and money spent having a shop do the installation for you.

For complete details give us a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 or just ask some of our customers here on the forum.

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=99196.100

Member ID: PROCHARGED67

"ok guys this kit is soo easy to install !!!!!!!! Oohyah!

now i just need some warm weather"

[​IMG]#ad

5. AIS

With the amount of boost your running I would recommend the Stage 2 progressive controller. With it we could effectively cover your entire boost range. Thereby, bringing the system on as soon as boost begins and receiving the charge cooling benefits and added octane enhancement early on. With the Stage 2 progressive system you can also adjust the rate of increase at which the injection increases in relation to boost or any 0-5 volts sensor input such as a mass air meter. This will allow you to tailor the water methanol injection to best suit your engines needs and receive the best performance.

For complete details and to discuss this in more detail give me a call directly at 1.801.447.2559. At that time we can discuss the Stage 1 and Stage 2 system in more detail and explain exactly how each system would work and benefit your application.

6. AIS

Looking for a great deal on a water methanol injection system? Be sure to check out our group purchase listed in the GP forum. Details are as follows.

Till Feb. 29th 2008, we will be running a GP on all rear trunk mount water methanol injection systems and stainless steel hose upgrade kits. Each water methanol injection system comes fully assembled, pre-wired and tested. Additionally, all systems are now shipping with our new black anodized aluminum tank straps as shown in the images below. Furthermore, each system comes complete with everything you need right down to the grounding screw and rubber grommets. The only thing needed by you is the tools and the fluid.

To join the GP you will need to call in and place your order once we have 6 or more members signed up. As each order is placed we will hold the orders and not process the credit cards until minimum 6 members sign up. As we receive each order we will post them on the thread for everyone to verify. As soon as we have six orders, orders will process and ship.

Let us know if you have any other questions or how we can help.

[​IMG]#ad

AIS Stage 1 Trunk Mount Water Methanol Injection System

Custom molded 1.5 gallon water/alcohol fuel cell
    Instant response right when you need it
    150 psi pump compatible with 100% alcohol
    Adjustable boost activated switch
    Trunk mounted keeping weight of the front end
    Pre-assembled, pre-wired and tested - ready to go

Normal Price $369.99
    Group Purchase Price $309.99

[​IMG]#ad

AIS Stage 2 Progressive Trunk Mount Water Methanol Injection System

100% digital processor for lighting fast response
    Quick, easy to use adjustment knobs
    Custom molded 1.5 gallon water/alcohol fuel cell
    Trunk mounted keeping weight of the front end
    Instant response right when you need it
    150 psi pump compatible with 100% alcohol
    Pre-assembled, pre-wired and tested - ready to go

Normal Price $599.99
    Group Purchase Price $519.99

[​IMG]#ad

AIS Stainless Steel Single Nozzle Hose Assembly

16 ft -4 Stainless steel hose
    100% compatible with methanol
    Fully assembled - swivel fittings already installed
    Blue anodized AN fittings
    Includes adapter NPT to AN adapter fittings

Normal Price $109.99
    Group Purchase Price $79.99

[​IMG]#ad

AIS Stainless Steel Dual Nozzle Hose Assembly

Two individual 9" -4 stainless steel hose assemblies
    100% compatible with methanol
    Fully assembled - swivel fittings already installed
    Blue anodized AN -4 tee fitting
    Blue anodized AN hose fittings
    Two nickel plated nozzle holders
    Two blue anodized NPT to AN adapter fittings

Normal Price $59.99
    Group Purchase Price $39.99

[​IMG]#ad

7. AIS

8. AIS

Our special is wrapping up at the end of this month. If you've wanted a fender mount water methanol injection system this is a great opportunity to get in on one of our under the hood fender/firewall mount systems.

Have questions or need help, give us a call directly or post your questions here.

9. dbeck002

Hi AIS,

First I would like to say that I'm glad you have brought us this great knowledge on Meth injection. Your kits look good, seem to perform well and your website really answered all questions I had prior.

But I do want to know something, I will be running a 9.5:1 compression NA 347 for a little while until I turbocharge it later. What effect will Meth injection have on a 347 stroker NA, and where would be the best place to put the nozzle?

How long would 1 gallon of mix last? And can I use washer fluid or does the soap want to bond with the oil on the cylinder walls which could cause cylinder burning?

Please respond, I am interested in Meth injection for both NA and boosted applications for street cars.

- Dan

10. turboplymouth

Can Denatured Alcohol be used for injecting? I can get it through work, it is about 78% ethanol, 15% methanol, and the rest is water, plus about 1% "MIBK" (don't know what that is).

11. Taff

What about injecting water/meth into the compressor inlets if you also have an intercooler with a carb? Any problems with water condensing in the intercooler and then blowing into the carb in droplets?
    I prefer the method of injecting into the compressor inlets as it keeps them cooler and stops the incoming air heating up unnecessarily. I've done it this way with just a carb(no intercooler), and with an intercooled seq. F.I motor,no problems, however have heard it's not a good idea with intercooler and carb. Thanks.

12. AIS

Absolutely! Denatured alcohol is an excellent choice when methanol isn't available. For others who are wondering what other types of fluids one can use with our water methanol injection systems be sure to read our article..

What Type Of Fluids Can I Use With My Water Methanol Injection System

Here's the link to it

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems....r-Methanol-Injection-System/article_info.html

13. AIS

Pre-compressor injection has worked very well for us and I highly recommend it. What I have found to work best is pre-compressor injection combined with pre-throttle body/carburetor injection to maintain good cylinder cooling. Be sure to read my article below whcih goes over this in more detail.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems....-Methanol-Injection-Nozzles/article_info.html

Rodney

14. dbeck002

You didnt answer my questions :( :bang: :ahah:

15. AIS

First off, I would not recommend a water methanol injection system for your NA 347 engine. From what you have told me so far it does not need it. Certainly small gains could be achieved by adding it. However, I do not believe it's worth the cost nor the time of adding it for what you are going to gain from it. Benefits would include, a slight drop in air intake charge temperatures of 20-25 degree's. Added octane enhancement. However, with your compression this isn't to necessary or too important as your engine will run perfectly fine on premium 93 octane fuel already. I would wait till you add a turbocharger or supercharger. At that point I would certainly recommend it.

Yes, you can use windshield wiper fluid. For more information about using windshiled wiper fluid and other fluids read my article What Type Of Fluids Can I Use With My Water Methanol Injection System

Here's a link to the article.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems....r-Methanol-Injection-System/article_info.html

As for usage. A typical 600 horsepower turbocharged daily driven vehicle will go through about 1-1.5 gallons in a month.

16. AIS

Let us know if you have any other questions or how we can help.

Rodney

17. kenn

Hi,

I'm building a twin turbo motor for a Pantera and the mid engine layout doesn't make it easy to find air for air to air intercooling, and I'm not excited with the complexity of air to water intercooling. I can see how the heat of vaporization of water can significantly cool the compressed air, but I'm not sure how well the water will vaporize before the combustion chamber, and may not cool the air in the intake to increase density to get more power. I haven't tried doing the math, but my gut feeling is that small air to air intercoolers to increase air density, and then water injection to cool the combustion chamber, could be a good combination for me. Does this sound reasonable?

I plan to run in open road race events, and at the speeds the car will be capable of, fuel capacity may be an issue, so I'm speculating that water injection will allow me to avoid needing a rich mixture. I'm assuming that a rich mixture to control detonation is really just using gas to cool the combustion chamber, and with a higher heat of vaporization, water is much better for that. Is that a good assumption?

thanks

18. AIS

Give me a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 so we can discuss this in more detail. At that time I can find out more information about your build and recommend a system which will best suit your needs.

Rodney

19. AIS

20. AIS