1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Questions About Water Methanol Alcohol Injection - Post Them Here

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by AIS, Nov 3, 2007.

1. AIS

Yes. The 1/4" nylon hose and -4 stainless hose is more then large enough to out flow a single pump. We actually run out of pump first when dealing with high horsepower applications and will sometimes add a second pump with nozzles driven separately off of it.

Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help.

Rodney

2. ocshaman

Is that for post pump or pre pump?

3. AIS

Thats post pump. You'll notice on our trunk mount systems we use 1/2" hose on the inlet side of the pump.

Rodney

4. 9t3svt

Is it ok for your systems to have a mix in the tank over the winter or should it be drained?

5. AIS

No you may leave a mix in it as long as it doesn't freeze.

Rodney

6. ocshaman

I noticed that when looking at the truck mounts. Are these quick disconnect also?

7. Limey tri Chevy

I used a -6 braided nitrous feed line from the tank to the firewall then a -6 to a -6 inlet to -4 Y adapter then -4 to the nozzles. The braided line was for mechanical protection + it can be taken apart easily for blowing out. I did use the plastic line supplied to the boost reference signal but again covered it in braid.

8. AIS

No, these are nipple connections with hose clamps.

9. AIS

Rodney

10. Bad Medicine Racing

I am still enjoying being able to use 93 in my car at 20psi. I got a bigger nozzle for the pre compressor side and tried 25psi, but either my valve springs or my ignition didn't like it lol. It was popping and banging and the boost gauge was going crazy and I have not tried again. I may have found the limit of the in cap HEI coil...

11. AIS

Could be a handful of different things. Have you sorted out what the problem is?

Rodney

12. Bad Medicine Racing

I have not tried yet. It was my last trip to the track for the year, and I just turned to down and enjoyed the trip. Do you have any ideas?

13. AIS

Do you know the specs on the valve springs?

Rodney

14. Bad Medicine Racing

They are Elgin "Z28" springs lol. They have been in there for around 3 years.

15. AIS

Seat pressures? Your running 25 psi and going to need a spring that will live with that.

16. Bad Medicine Racing

Got no idea about that. Never checked them. How much do I need?

17. AIS

I don't know anything about your camshaft. Call comp cams or any of the other camshaft manufactures and consider getting a set a valve springs. Let me know if you have any questions about water methanol injection.

Rodney

18. AIS

Rodney

19. Bad Medicine Racing

I got a new set of springs Tuesday, just have to wait on a pretty day to put them on.

20. AIS

Keep me posted. Interested in seeing if this is the problem.

Rodney