1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Put new combination on Dyno power output off by 200 hp

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by actmobmar, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Mnlx

5-600 rpm? Not a night/day difference imo.

actmobmar likes this.
  2. actmobmar

On the dyno it went to 14 psi(where it was set to) at 5800. Im wondering if I'm just wasting my time with this

3. actmobmar

So I gave it some thought, called him back and told him I just wanted to exchange the turbos, I just have to pay the shipping. Going to a pair of 62/62, .84 a/r, t4 flange, dual Ball bearing, billet wheel. Hopefully they do the trick. My old gt 35's that worked great, were 61/62, .68 a/r, t3 flange. I since have better cylinder heads, hopefully these do the trick

B E N, Disney Lincoln and Pro-SC like this.
  4. KEVINS

Have you looked inside the IC to make sure the cooling fins aren't plugged?
    I took a leaf blower and blew out all kinds of crap before.

ks

actmobmar likes this.
  5. actmobmar

I took a pressure reading off both compressor housings, were the same psi as what I'm seeing at the boost guage from the intake manifold

6. B E N

Nice, I think you made a good decision, your other strategy may have been throwing good money at bad parts. Hopefully this gets you sorted out!

actmobmar likes this.