1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PTK Sn95 Review

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Alex332, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Snipe656

Sorry, at least you get some compensation. I am one of those people who bought a Cartech kit back when Corky owned the place. I could not even tell you how long I waited, I think it was 6 months or so, but what I do remember is it was FAR beyond the initial time frame they told me. Only thing was I expected that to happen from them so was not too worried at the time since I was doing other things to the car as prep work.

2. SoL_93GT

I just did my best to forget I was even getting a turbo kit so I wouldn't be on edge every day until it got here. Then when it showed up one day it was like Xmas.

Briane

3. papis408w

PTK

Have you gotten your kit yet? I seee that PTK has posted a temporary suspension on thier "delivery gaurantee". I guess due to overwhelming responses to their christmas special. I was looking into the same kit the PTK T67. I spoke to someone who shall remain nameless and he kinda gave me the impression of not wanting to be bothered w/ my questions.Plus the fact that he gave me an inflated price of the christmas special. I have a couple of people around here that have PTK kits and they seem to be great kits that make tons of power.Luckily for me I found someone that had a PTK 5.8 w/ T76 q trim for 3700 brand new. So I got a kit from the company I wanted it from and didn't have to wait the 35 or whatever days for the kit. Plus Keith was kind enough to waiver the warranty transfer fee for me(Thanks Keith). I just hope everything fits right and I have no major headaches!!

Wilson

4. Alex332

no i haven't received my kit yet, but i'm expecting another phone call from greg/luke any day now with a tracking number

i've had a few convo's w/ the guys @ PTK since my last post

Jan 9th - sent email to luke asking about shipping date
    called me back later that day and explained the shipping date, and answered a few other questions of mine

Jan 12th- got a call from Greg, confirming my kit was about to be shipped. Greg asked about cc#'s, address, and said that i'd get a call back in a few days with a tracking number. Also got my t-shirt size

so thats where we are at now

i've been pretty happy w/ the customer service i've received

5. Alex332

Jan 22: Called and talked to luke, asked him when expected ship date would be. Said they were waiting on a few components and expected it to be shipped late next week (jan 28-30)

6. Snipe656

How does billing work on that? You said he got the cc information on the 12th, do they just wait until everything is in and then charge you? Or did they charge then ? Sounds like they were done around then and are simply in wait mode on some parts?

7. Alex332

I imagine they bill the second 50% when they ship, when i get a call w/ the tracking number i'll make sure to ask

I asked Luke today about the final $$ amt....I'm extremely pleased w/ how it came out... :D :D :D

8. Snipe656

Did you get more than one discount and that is why you are so pleased?

9. Alex332

Oh and snipe, btw i misread your question about CC#

They take 50% when you order, and 50% when u ship i believe, Greg was just confirming that i wanted to use the same credit card the first 50% came off of

Well...

I started out buying the Kit w/ t64, but w/o intercooler, came to like 2900 bucks

Saw their add advertising Kit w/intercooler and t67 for 3399
    Upgraded to that

-200 FMU
    -100 Late shipping

:D :D

10. Snipe656

Did you get this coated?

11. Alex332

no, no coating

if i do eventually get it coated it'll be by swain

12. Alex332

February 3rd

Called and talked to greg, he said they were still waiting on the turbo, wastegate, and an oil feed line, but he'd ship everything else out today. He said he'd call back w/ a shipping number after it ships.

13. Alex332

14. Snipe656

get to steping to have it on by the shootout :D

15. davidl340

good deal on the kit. Are you planning on getting it coated before you run it?

16. Alex332

yes

no shootout for me snipe

bridal-shoal