1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PTK Sn95 Review

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Alex332, Dec 13, 2003.

1. SoL_93GT

I bought 3 inch mufflers with dumps but the downpipe was cocked to the drivers side and the passenger side muffler was hitting the driveshaft, I have since gotten the exhaust welded up, they had to slightly modify the Y-pipe.

Briane

2. Alex332

94-95 5.0 Liter Street Kit w/ T-67 Precision/Garrett Turbo $3399.99

www.proturbokits.com

3399.99 - 150 for Super FMU

3250 and if you mention you saw their advertisement on tm.com you get free shipping (100-125$ value)

3. SoL_93GT

Thats cool, didn't see they had a sale going on. Still the kit for my year car would have been $3699 minus 150 fmu = 3550 plus about $1000 for all the extras I got with the HP kit which comes to $4550 thats 350 more than I paid. And I got free shipping too. If I had known they were going to have a sale I would have looked a little harder at the Proturbokit. I wonder why the 94-95 kit is less than the 87-93. Well good luck with your kit, get lots of pics :)

Briane

4. BlackMagic94

Proturbo doesnt include coating with their kits, its extra.

5. Snipe656

Is it really $1k, I would have thought it was more. I see their(PTK) injectors are pretty dang pricey though at $450, wonder if that is an up to date price. Also going off their own website it is -$200 for no billet FMU.

6. Alex332

yea that sounds right, i didn't want to overshoot the price of it though and make people think i got a better deal than i did

7. Alex332

alright some new news:

December 16: called PTK, since i have still yet to receive an email response and asked them about the status of a kit and the expected shipping date. A few minutes later Greg comes back to the phone as tells me he is expecting the kit to ship during the 1st-2nd week of January. Now to make matters worse, he told me he would have someone call me back after he went to lunch w/ the exact shipping date. Well, 4 hours later, no phone call.

8. Snipe656

We just eat a lot down here in TexASS :tard:

Just curious is there a 21 day thing on your kit? I remember some sell being posted that said the 21 day was not being done on it and was curious if that is the sale you got your kit on OR if I am on crack for remember that detail.

9. Alex332

"Christmas Sale good till December 31st, 2003

We will ship your kit in 21 Business Days or you get another $100.00 off the kit price! These prices are good for only the kits listed below.Exhaust Coating Extra Charge and adds 14 more business days to Delivery Guarantee"

:getit:

put down the pipe, and step slowly away

10. Snipe656

Ah, sorry, good luck with it, I am sure it will all work out in the end. Maybe try talking to Mr Campbell, it is his company and he is known to take care of matters promptly because obviously he wants happy customers :)

11. SoL_93GT

It would definately be more if you buy that stuff from them, I was figuring what anyone could get the stuff for on the internet.

Alex good luck with your kit, I'd just be pateint I don't think any of the turbo companies ship their kits in the time they say they can.

Briane

12. Alex332

well i shot an email out to Keith @ PTK, i told him about this thread maybe he'll chime in here.

13. fastedos1999

That 21 day thing is funny. They only count business days.

So if you were to order a kit today and wanted it coated be prepared to wait...

7 WEEKS OMIGOD!!!! OR 41 real human being days. Instead of their reverse dog years way of counting. LOL Thats insane!!!!

plus, half the time it goes past that!! what is wrong with this picture?? Maybe they should sell some lifts and rent out some of that large warehouse space so that can afford to stock their parts....or i'm i just crazy? :D

14. Pro Turbo Kits

Delivery Times

21 business days is funny??

I do not not know of any companies that work seven days a week or on national holidays.

We do our best to meet our delivery guarantee, we were the 1st company and only one that offers a refund of some kind that I am aware of for a kit being late.

I sure do not like to give money back , but we always honor our guarantee's!

We have and always will do our best to get kits out on time and sometimes we do not make the deadline, when we got into this business 20 months ago, the wait was around 4-8 months, so the industry is getting better, but nothing is perfected overnite.

As far as stocking more materials, we do our best, sometimes we are at the mercy of some of our vendors.

If you want to see what you get with one of our kits, a complete parts list is available on our web site for all 21 "production kits" that we offer.

Thanks for your interest in PTK

Keith Campbell

15. fastedos1999

Sorry man, you guys do a good job, the wait isn't the issue. the whole 21 day thing just seems missleading if you ask me though.

16. Alex332

Yea i overlooked the business part of the 21 day delivery guarantee. It doesn't acutally bother me to wait the amount of time PTK told me i would have to before i ordered, the reason it rubbed me the wrong was because i looked at it like i was waiting 45 days for the kit when i just assumed that a day was a day. So hats off to keith, he's gonna check on my kit tomorrow and see if he can get it out to me earlier.

sorry for the confusion!

also note that i emailed keith about 8:00pm and I checked back at 12, i had an email and a response on here....so plus 1 for PTK customer support
    :rockon:

17. Snipe656

Yeah, I have had to point that business day thing out with other companies for people. Sometimes multiple times, they read "business days" and do not click what that is in reference to other days. I know Total Performance offers a refund after X amount of business days(I think 31, I know more than 21 but they also include the coating so that explains why more). Beyond that, I do not think any of the others offer any refund, TTI has always been good about sticking to the promised time frames they give when you order a kit, Cartech has gotten better over the years but heck they were so bad when Corky owned the place that they only had two directions to take a) go out of business OR b) some improvement in delay times.

18. Alex332

well, just heard back from Keith, looks like the guaranteed shipping date is 1/22 (this date not being considered late). So factor in at least a week for shipping so figure i'll get it at the end of January, or the first week in febuary.

somethings not adding up, i get 39 business days and 53 total (7.5 weeks)days from 12/1-1/22. So unless they are taking 3 weeks off, the kit will be very late.

19. Snipe656

Does that include new years eve, thanksgiving, christmas day or christmas eve? Though that is only 4 days total but could effect it none the less. Maybe they just got over loaded with their sale and the orders.

20. Alex332

they could take off christmas eve, christmas day, new years eve, new years day, and the kit should still be shipped by January 2nd (this including Dec. 1st as a business day)