1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Proper/ideal quench for a turbo motor(pump gas)

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by H20MOFO, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Boost Engineer

Most of our Durability Testing on future engines (RESEARCH) extended over a 3 year period with 2700 hours
    of testing on a specific durability engine. There were holidays in that time, maint, limited technicians and priorities for what testing came first. The engine builds were part of that timing, engine failures of parts, etc.

Tom V.

Bill Chase and Russell like this.
  2. ashford

depending on what rpm you are running, if you have offset pison pins or loose ptw clearance .040 is tight.
    my engine for example with 4.125 bore 3.850 stroke centered piston pins and .005 piston clearance and an uneven deck height( .040 one side and.038 the other) one bank clears fine the other is so close when i pulled the heads there is a clean spot on the heads and pistons on the intake side and ever so slight piston impression in the head, but i turn 7700rpm.

3. Boost Engineer

I run a .042" Cometic head gasket on aluminum heads and have the pistons down .012" in the hole.

I am not worried about the old production date Eagle Rods (new rods never run), if they stretch a few thousands at higher rpm. Not Carrillo rods but good enough for my application.

Tom V.