1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Project "Sniper" Sn95 + Viper

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by cobra scott, Dec 1, 2008.

1. wildcardfox

Re: Project "Sniper" Sn95 + Viper

GOD That exhaust is SEXY!!!!!!

2. Bacon

x2 I love that look! Keep up the great work, this car is gorgeous!

3. cobra scott

Thanks a lot guys! I have to say the more I look at it the more I like it. It's my new favorite feature of the car. It's literally a concept I have had in my head for like 3 years but never pulled the trigger on because if it sucked...then I had a big 'ol hole in the side of my car

4. 393Bird

Great Project..... It will sure turn the heads.

Here is mine. I have always loved side exhaust

[​IMG]#ad

Nothing hangs down.

5. Turbohwagon

i LOVE how that exhaust looks, i dont think i've seen it on a car in awhile i think the last time i've seen something like that done it was on a video game lol. Love the project! :2thumbs:

6. topher455

Could you show how you modded the floor for it to fit? Just curious.

7. boostedtorino

that was my next quetion please do

8. cobra scott

393Bird - That looks sharp. I assume that's on your t-bird?

Fiveohwagon - Thanks man, I can't wait to see how it looks once it's on the ground

topher455, boostedtorino - I will post up some pics as soon as I get to the floor ;)

9. 393Bird

Yes, thats my Bird. A Fun car, but not in the same leauge as yours. :)

10. boostedtorino

393 was your car ina mag alil while back?? its carb right?? with a lil wieght savings work done right??

11. 393Bird

Yes, it was in one of the After Market Trade Magazines, and 3 regular car ones so far, and another one very soon.

Here is a page with copies of the artcles
    http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/inprint.htm

12. boostedtorino

i remember that car ... its pretty slick :2thumbs:

13. NvRFllW

man that is sick. we had a twin turbo viper motor t776s that made 1100whp and it was sick. we had to change the trans and rear in it bc the customer blew it up

14. cobra scott

Well turns out the exhaust is a little tougher then I thought it was gonna be. I have tried to build each part so that it works like it should the first time and nothing has to be remade...and the more I thought about it the more I could see there being some serious resonance and heat transfer through the body.

SO the tips you see are now welded to the trim panel so that they are all one piece. And then the exhaust routing to the tips splits off the 3.5" pipes and "Y's" into two 2.5" pipes. That way the exhaust feeds into the outlets without touching the sides. So there will be no heat transfer or resonance throughout the car.

15. topher455

Exactly the way it should be. Im sure it was alot of extra work but you did it right and wont have to redo it later. Id love to see some pice if you arent to exhausted (pun intended)

16. topher455

I would be so happy to get my car in print. I think I could die happily afterward... Well after walking my daughter down the aisle and seeing my son marry a hottie. Congrats on seeing ink 3 times not many people can say that.

17. 98saleen

Sweet build!
    You have got mega talent to pull off this kind of work (both under the hood and everywhere else).
    :2thumbs:

18. cammerfe

You do beautiful work. My most sincere congratulations. I understand how much work is involved because I built a 460-powered Pinto for Super Ford Magazine a number of years ago. And with that said, You'll need to look out for someone that's done the same sort of thing. Except using a TT 600 inch 385 series (460). ;) :D
    KS

19. Crowder

good job man, this thought ran through mine and my buddys head we just dont have the fab skills to make it happen. im sorry but what year motor is in it? b/c some can hold 1000+ stock. very cool

20. LX5.4

:2thumbs:Cobra Scott, awsome build, I am going to love to see it on the road when you get it done, Yes I too live in Des Moines. I found your other posting on SVTperformance, I was wondering where Night Mare Motorsports is located? By the way It's about time this town has someone building this sick. I will have watch out for all 96-98 black stangs from now until I get my project done. :welder: