1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Project Plain Jane

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by vossperformance, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Unatural

That's not true. I've had an MS-I in my car for 3+ years now and have been controlling both fuel and spark the whole time. I took the entire engine harness out and replaced it with the MS harness, so there is no stock computer anywhere. Now it does work in conjuntion with the stock TFI module and the MSD box, but the MS is what determines what the timing is at any given point.

2. vossperformance

I am not sure as I have no MS-I experiance, I do know that on the web site it says the MS-I can be upgraded to handle ignition duties.
    This copied from the MS-I add.

Fully upgradeable to MegaSquirt II Fuel and Ignition Controller
    This unit can be upgraded to MegaSquirt 2 and you'll have the following new/improved features:

Ignition control (full spark timing advance control, dwell control, etc) for one coil/distributor and EDIS systems,
    All tuning tables at 12×12 resolution
    On-board stepper motor driver for IAC stepper control (this will require a few jumper wires to be added on the MegaSquirt PCB)

Open Source means Endless Development
    Already there are optional firmware updates (like MSnS-E mentioned above) for the current MegaSquirt-I to add features such as:

Ignition Control, distributor-based and distributorless (DIS) systems
    12x12 Volumetric Efficiency (VE) and Ignition Tables
    Closed loop boost control
    Rev limiters
    Shift Light control
    Water Injection control
    Knock Sensor Input

3. Grey03GT

Nice work, I can't wait till i start my turbo build.

4. gryphon68

I believe you need to use the "Extra" Firmware with MS-I for ignition control

5. Unatural

Yes, that is true and the few mods to the board itself, but it is capable of controlling everything after you do those things. I just wanted to make sure that other people reading this, that didn't know about MS, didn't get confused. :2thumbs: If doing the mods yourself isn't your cup-o-tea, you can buy complete boards, that already have the mods done to them, from DIY Autotune.

6. bionic_chronik

Is the car still getting hot with the cowl hood? Build looks great.

7. vossperformance

I never had any issues with the water temps getting to high it was mainly just the intake, and induction getting hot. The cowl hood seems to have helped out a good bit. The hood I have for it is only maybe a inch or inch and a half over stock so it has not changed the looks that much, but does let the engine compartment vent some.

8. aod92

What kind of 1/4 mile times are you expecting?

9. vossperformance

I expect the car to go high 10's based on the 1/8 mile et's, compared to past rides we have run that run about the same. I dont know that I will ever run it in the quarter though. It has no bars or subframes, and I dont think I want to put any in it.

10. Grey03GT

Verry nice build and fab work.

11. rednotchtub

nice mustang it looks great and it goes :2thumbs: nice streetable mustang

12. vossperformance

Thanks
    I need to get some pics up with the drag lites

13. vossperformance

I was out kickin around in the coupe today, and figured I would take some pictures.
    I would like to get some vids up soon.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. DaOnE51T

Damn, she sits pretty! What's the suspension consist of? What size rear tires?

15. RyanMayo

What company makes that hood? I think it has the perfect profile, and looks like it fits well too.

VIDS!!! :D

16. vossperformance

Its some cut stock springs, and South Side lowers. Nothing special. The tires are some 275-50 M/T Drag Radial
    The hood is made by KAENEN, very high quality, and great fit.

17. RyanMayo

Oh yeah, I had heard those were good. Thanks!

18. chromeyellow

Dang man, Plain Jane is looking better and better :2thumbs:

19. vossperformance

I peck away at it when I get some spare time. You going to the mega meet this year?

20. chromeyellow

I haven't seen anything posted abount it, when/where is it?