1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Project Copy Cat - '90 coupe 351W/76mm/MS DIYPNP

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by hoopty5.0, Apr 12, 2016.

1. hoopty5.0

The car didn't sell. It's going to be mothballed for a while until I can get the cash to rebuild together. Working on some woodworking projects in the meantime, hoping to sell them and get me part of the way there at least. Need $2500....

2. vcoupe

I would see if you can find another junkyard 351w . If you look hard you could probably find one for like $300-$400, then just slap it in. Machine shops are just steep now a days if you find a nice enough core, you could do what I did and re-bearing and re-ring it. Looks like you have it figured out just need a short block now.

3. hoopty5.0

I thought about that, but I've already got a lot of money and nice parts into this motor. I've also considered slapping a JY shortblock in short term while the good one is rebuilt, but I didn't want to do the work twice.

I'm find with it sitting for a while, so long as its not disassembled and scattered across the garage.