1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

project boosted thirdgen.....

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by BOOSTEDROK, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Deimos

Dig the ride. Its too bad SSM stop selling kits for thirdgens I miss mine.

2. BOOSTEDROK

Thanks guys. Been Kinda slow going lately, got me a new co-driver.

image-3004923738.jpg #ad

image-3004923738.jpg #ad

3. BOOSTEDROK

A TINY UPDATE:

Got a AEM wideband on the way, and will be ordering a MS3 next week. Maybe making some noise soon. Joining the MS CLUB. LOL.

4. Mustangbrad94gt

cage looks awesome

5. BOOSTEDROK

Thanks! It's been pretty slow going lately, the new baby girl takes up all my free time.

6. BlownShovel

Priorities ! Family first... the car will be there

7. BOOSTEDROK

Yeah!! Hope to be making some progress soon.

8. jnhj

Update??

9. BOOSTEDROK

2.5 years since the last update..... Well it's running again finally!!! Liking the MS3, auto tune is pretty sweet, still getting the hang of it, seems light years ahead of the gen 7.

10. BlownShovel

Better late then never--- glad to hear things are going well. Autotune is pretty cool. Helps sort out some of the areas in a much quicker timeframe.

11. BOOSTEDROK

Indeed!!! Seen a few guys sell their cars, then within a 1yr, they're crying for it back! I'm excited to be back wrenching & tuning. I'm running it without a IAC, and on E85, so the cold starts have been a challenge. Good thing I'm in California, but then again, that's a double edged sword.... Lastnight, I finished up some gauge/tach wiring, & tonight I will be installing a piston stop to double check TDC. The car seems do be wanting a ton of timing, like 40+ degrees durning cruise.. Seems high, so I'm thinking the pointer could be off some!

12. BOOSTEDROK

Kinda bummed, pulled all the plugs to check accuracy of TDC, & found two cylinders that Weren't firing (no fuel).. Not even a drop!! So I pulled all the injectors, & pulsed them to 12v. #5 & #8 injectors are done!! I honestly do not think they have 1000miles on them, they're probably only 5 years old, Siemens deka 83lb. Not sure what wiped em out, now gotta try & purchase two form somewhere, anybody have any ideas where?

13. 64nailhead

Are the two bad ones shorted (0L) or not spraying as in plugged? If plugged, then cleaning is an option but if shorted, then that would seem quite uncommon. Regarding where to get replacement, I'd head to where I bought these and see what they'll do. Personally, I have had good luck with a couple of sets from Southbay Fuel Injectors.

14. BOOSTEDROK

They're not working what so ever! I connected them directly to 12v, & no clicking. The 6 (working injectors) click every time touched to 12v..

15. Monzsta

spray some carb cleaner or throttlebody cleaner in them, then gently tap on the body with a wrench while cycling the 12v to them. I have an old injector tester and I've been able to unstick the most stubborn injectors with it. Also, laying them them in the valley of a hot engine for a while helps too.

16. BOOSTEDROK

I have 2 on the way, but I'll give it a go, I have some sea foam spray I'll try and soak them good, & try again.. If they start to work they'd be great for a backup.. Thanks for the advise, hopefully rumbling on all 8 soon :)

17. BOOSTEDROK

Slapped the two new injectors in it lastnight, sounds a whole lot better.. Pulling much better vacuum.. Was running extremely rich though 10 AFR @ idle.. I'm guessing because while it was (unknowingly) running on 6 cylinders, the O2 was seeing all the air flow from the two dead cylinders, so I had to add extra fuel to compensate for the dead holes, just to see the 13.5 AFR. My fuel VE was in the the upper 80's & 90's in the idle zone.. Now they're down in the 60's right around 13.5afr. Took it for a spin in autotune, feels much better!! Tune is still a little off, but I'll smooth it all out in the 3D MAP..And try again

18. BOOSTEDROK

Did some data logging the other day with the ms3, cause I was noticing some popping threw the exhaust under wide open throttle (around 7psi), & thought it was because of 10afr & low timing, but upon review, I noticed the tach signal was going crazy from 4k to 11k back to 4k up to 10k... Causing the fuel & timing to bounce all over... I opened the ecu turned the trim pots back a little, checked the noise filtering & it was already on, but adjusted extremely low.. So I kinda made a guess on the adjustment & waaaa laaaaaa... Smooth rpm signal ALL THE WAY TO REDLINE... Woot woot. Took wife for a bday cruise today, she said "your gonna get us arrested".. must say, she's probably right.

19. BADASS355CIZ28

Lol sounds about right. Glad you got the car running well. How do you like the MS3? Im running MS2.

20. BOOSTEDROK

I really like it, I used to have a accel gen 7 & had lots of issues with injectors hanging open, no spark, tons of headaches.. This ms3 seems user friendly, I love the autotune feature. I drive it around on autotune, throw it into a 3d map after I'm done, smooth out the tune bring down the peaks & bring up the holes & valleys.. Hit the streets and it drives nice n smooth. It's pretty cool. Still learning it, but I like it so far!