1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Problems with my HP kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by gaslight, Mar 27, 2004.

1. 01TTCB

Actually I ordered end of January. I think we did at the same time through T&J unless I am confusing you with someone else. Tim hasn't received anything other than the k-member and c&c plates. I think he told me that is all that he got of your kit too.

2. DC-GT

Call Rhonda, she told me your stuff was there... I guess you have something special going on and that is why you are getting yours done first, lucky dog... I thought I was going to be the first T&J TT kit installed, or so I understood at the time... No biggy, I am glad someone is getting one!!!

3. tommyhil4_6

Your both bastards!!! How bout them apples :)

4. Saleen91

Jan? Feb? Geezus....are you guys ALL talking about the mod motor kits?

5. zelone

Mine is a fox body kit. I have alot to say, but for obvious reasons, I will be keeping my mouth shut right now. I made a few phone calls this week.:pist:

6. Saleen91

I'm still trying to get a status on my kit. I called twice on Friday and left messages. Monday all I got was the voicemail. Yesterday all I got was a message saying that the voicemail was full. I figure by the end of this week I should atleast be able to get somebody on the phone. :)

7. jmf

I ordered my twin turbo kit 5/4 and have never had any issues with HP not answering the phone or not calling back. They are still telling me they're going to ship around 6/11.

8. tommyhil4_6

For what car? (model and year?)

9. jmf

98 cobra

10. hope

JMF... Are you going to install the TT kit yourself?

Or did you find a local shop?

11. 01TTCB

Tim told me all they have received so far was the K member, cc plates and headers. Nothing else.
    5 hours of grinding to get the headers to clear. I have an 01 Cobra motor but I don't think that should make any difference on the fitment.

12. jmf

Hope
    A neighbor of mine has a shop, so I'm going to help him. (He'll probably charge me extra for that!). My sub frame connectors are coming today, so we'll start with those.

13. DC-GT

Sure does sir! At least to my understanding it does... I am hearing the 4V motors are about 1.25" wider than the 2V mod motors...

Maybe I misunderstood Rhonda, I thought she said your pipes were in and that they looked purty ;)

14. tommyhil4_6

01TTCB's kit is going on his car as we speak, I guess the fitment is different due to the fact QA1 has since changed the k-members design since the kit was first fabb'd. Now it requires that a lip that goes over the passenger side frame rail to be removed (notched) or something along those lines.

15. knkfiend

i ordered my hp stage one kit for my 92 lx in the beggining of march. tom said TEN days. so a month later i get a call because i emailed them a few times. they said wastegates were on backorder. lame. then they said by the end of may id have everything. they called yesterday, just shipping everything to jet hot and sending out my customer box. oh well. makin boost soon.

16. tommyhil4_6

Faster then most, they are getting caught up luckily, I been waiting 5+ months :)

17. zelone

...and the beat goes on. I still have no motor and no turbo kit.

18. tommyhil4_6

Doobeedoobeedooooooo

19. gaslight

Where the hell is your motor?
    It is so damn frustrating waiting for all this stuff to arrive. I was really ticked off by the delays. They shouldn't be telling new customers the same crap of shipping in 21 days. Time to be honest with the estimated wait. I hope everyone gets their stuff soon because I feel your pain having been in the same position.

20. zelone

The motor has been at the shop since April 7. Recently, the shop had an electrical problem because of the 220 3-phase and air compressor being in the attic. Apparently, reinsulated the attic over the winter and the extra heat caused electrical problems with the equipment. They finally got that problem straightened out and finished the machine work on my motor and assembled it. As of Friday, it needed custom length pushrods and some seals and gaskets. All should be in some time Tuesday, and I am planning on picking it up on Wednesday. This all sounds great, but I am sure something will go wrong and it wont be done. Thats just the way my luck is.:rolleyes: