1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Post your turbo boat pics

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by brianj5600, Jan 5, 2008.

1. SFV2RVR

No. I still have my reverse on my boat. Reverse helps, but is still not that great on a v-drive.

2. matt95

Mark55,
    Do you run that beast at Hardy Dam? Think I saw that boat a couple weeks ago running the river. Sweet ride, btw.

3. Mark55

I boat at Hardy the most. I've been there either sat or sun for the last 6 weeks in a row.
    There was a great turn out for the hot boat meet on June 21. :2thumbs:

The next big hot boat meet is July 19 at Gun Lake.
    There's supposed to be 50 boats that show up and a magazine photo shoot.

4. Cricket414

Yes I have the slowest turbo boat in the world. Yes that is a 1974 VIP boat with the original 2.5 liter 120 horsepower Mercruiser 4 banger. It has a used Garrett T25 from an old SAAB 900. It did 27 mph before the turbo, 35 mph @ 5 psi, and this 4th of July weekend hit 38 mph @ 15 psi right before it blew a headgasket as I was getting on it. Air fuel is dead on with a wideband, and thats a Rochester 2 barrel blowthrough. Intercooler is off some friends old Mazda Protege.

It will run in the 40s or 50s if I can get it to hold that headgasket in. I think I need to retorque the headbolts after a couple hours of running it this time around. Last time I just set them at 65 ft. lbs. and ran it. The way it pulls out of the water is awesome for an oldie tri-hull!

Party on.

5. Chacata

That compressor could use some clocking for sure.

6. larouchedem

Cricket,

Cool. Is that engine same family as 250/292 chev?

Head studs? What head gasket?

btw, I wondered about re-clocking too.

Dave

7. Cricket414

Yeah man its like the stovebolt inline 6 cylinder just minus two cylinders. No headstuds, just standard smallblock size headbolts right now and whatever Felpro thick headgasket Autozone and Orielleys have in their computer. I blew a chunk right out of the thing though so I guess I need to get some headstuds on the thing.

As for the clocking of the turbo, if you look in the last picture you can see how i can't clock the compressor side any more because the wastegate is attatched to the compressor on that turbo. So I have to make some sort of bracket to mount the wastegate canister to. The intake looks goofy but the engine cover hides it at least. :)

8. larouchedem

Ahh, I see the problem with the wg canister now.

A shop here does a few 2.5s and 3.0s from fork lifts, and iirc, the 3.0s have a taller block, but I'm not certain. Neat old engines. Afaik, the old chevyII 4 banger is the same family, and used to be a popular dirt car engine, midgets and such. Maybe there's a better head gasket available? Better fuel, or water inj might help if it's detonating.

Dave

9. 96xlt.ranger

anybody here need two mercruiser 454 motor less then 300 hours let me kno.. i dont wana mess this thread up but i had to get tht outa my system sorry lol.. but i love some of the ideas people get wen it comes to boats.. great pics

10. earlesurfs

Motor looks bitchen! I bought your old turbo parts from you and I am still working on my project. I decited to go EFI blow through. See you on the river in a year or two.

P.S. was that picture taken from the Roadrunner?

11. SFV2RVR

Whats up earl! That picture was taken from my dock just down from road runner. Im still working out the bugs in my system too.

12. Iroc-Z

Does that thing have a transmission on it?

13. SFV2RVR

Yes! Its a turbo 400 w/ a 3 speed. 1st gear is pretty much useless. I mainly use it for pulling up to docks. You start out in 2nd gear, and shift into 3rd at about 3500-4000rpms

14. TurboStang140

you guys are insane

15. Boostn93

Mark55, do you have any videos of the boat taking off? I want to see that thing accelerate! By the way that is SICK!

16. Mark55

17. Boostn93

18. svtpwr02

i want to ride in that

19. tahiti cowboy

heres my bbf just started to mock thing up still have a long way to go

2007_0522Image0009.JPG #ad

20. tahiti cowboy

sorry wrong pics lol thats my other toy

2008_1229Image0040.JPG #ad