1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Post up non automotive projects.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by furchaser, Jan 2, 2010.

1. WISHIKNEW

Started as a 04 450r but has been stroked and poked to a 533.... for sand use only..... its getting there, still have some fab work, then off for powder coating
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

DEREK

2. RI85GT

That thing is going to be a monster!

Love the pink :homos:

3. ronlp

Ah thanks. Yeah, almost forgot about that one. I just finished another two rooms a week or so before xmas, coming right in under the wire of the wife-imposed deadline. Only the master bedroom to go and we are pretty much carpet free. Perhaps in the spring......

Evidence of the horror is here, bottom ones are the newest

4. Bacon

Some better pictures of the "project" if anyone is interested

Jack1.jpg #ad

Jack2.jpg #ad

Shoulder2.jpg #ad

5. BlownShovel

I don't think that dude realized an Owl is on his shoulder?

Not to be a dumb ass are you training him? Cool no matter what you are up to

6. slowboat

Trained owl for hunting ? I'm interested. My Dad had a friend who was a falconer. Is it anything like that ?

7. BlownShovel

I just want to walk around with an owl on my shoulder... beat that Chuck Norris

8. slowboat

9. Kellyo77

A trained owl. That is really interesting. Never heard of that before.

10. RI85GT

That's full of WIN!

11. huffer

What exactly are you training the owl to do????
    ...cuz in that 2nd pic...
    lol

12. TeeJay

Whats the Owls name? Spooky? It's awesome none the less... I have some rabbits here that it can thin out if you like lol.

13. Bacon

Yeah, I'm a falconer. I decided to try an owl because everyone told me it wouldn't work. She's trained to hunt with me, she hunts jack rabbits at night after work. I took her at about 5 days old and hand raised her, I been a falconer for about 5 years and I've had the owl for about 9 months. Time consuming as hell and very frustrating sometimes (sound familiar?) but really rewarding when things go well. Her name is Regan, after the possessed little girl from the Exorcist. Take that Chuck Norris! :D

Thanks!

14. Kellyo77

Hands down, one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

15. Coupe Devil

No joke. I was expecting to see some home improvement, motorcycle, or boat projects. NOT expecting to see someone training a Chuck Norris killing hunting Owl! That is freakin cool!

16. Bacon

Thanks guys, I really enjoy it...Most of the time. I spend the warm months doing car stuff and the fall/winter playing with the birds. Keeps me busy for sure!

17. slowboat

Really impressive. You should be pretty damn proud of your accomplishments. I can remember the effort and time my Dads friend put in to be a falconer, so to hear your one as well plus you've trained an owl is really saying something. Glad you posted up.

18. furchaser

My wife actually made me write this because I used to talk about it to much,, 2 Sparrow hawks and 4 young Racoons . The Coons used to drive my mother nuts by steeling her curlers and clothes pins from the inside of a rear porch and the hawks would dive at her head if she had curlers in... It doesn't sound funny unless you were watching this from a distance.

19. Bacon

It sounds pretty funny from here, I'd probably piss myself if I was actually watching!

20. Anthony Fury

6061 Mirror / Purpleheart case (magnet closures) I made for the place I get my hair cut:
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Brass knuckles for my pal Claudia's clothing company. They were for decoration only...she busted them out a few months later at a party and the (relatively delicate) embossing was beat up pretty bad, HAHA!
    [​IMG]#ad

Drag Plate for bikes (local meathead car club here):
    [​IMG]#ad

Hot Rod trike for my nephew Rocco Taco man - note the slicks, re-engineered / machined the rear axle (the "driver's" side rear wheel bolt is left hand thread...the one bolt on its own was $7), flat black powdercoating (all told, this garbage-pick cost me, haha). It's an old Ross...it's built like a fucking brick shit house.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

That was this year...