1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

???PonyDown???

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by TCOGGINS, Jan 10, 2012.

1. 71swing

he should have a set already made and ready to ship for ya. Since he still hasn't given me mine yet that is.

2. 71swing

I finally gave up and filled a dispute claim against him. Got my money back a week ago. Thanks Jeff for wasting my time and energy with nothing to show for it. Guess I'll just build my own.

3. supedstang

I ordered a kit from jeff in 2011, it was supossed to take 6-8 weeks to build, it took about 9 months from my pay date to show up at my house. nice quality besides a couple primaries I had to dent in for the bolts to fit. he always answered my calls, never tried to dodge me at all. He does this part time aside from his full time job.

4. BoostedBadBoy

I just have to put my .02 cents in on this. Quality or not, getting caught in lies and BS customer service tells the story of any business. He maybe a good guy to talk to before he gets your money.. but track record shows you don't get your product until you threaten him and get nasty and then its never on time. Thats not good business anyway you slice it. Another thing I look at in caution is how much does the vendor interact with his clients. Like just example... Brian from BG CUSTOM TURBO is loaded with orders but you always catch him on here talking with us as well. Updating us and helping us with things whether it be his product or not. If I have to pay a lil more for that, and wait maybe a lil while, hell for that... GLADLY!! I know what I'm getting and I know if I have issues they will be fixed and he won't dodge the bullet on me.
    The same goes for other vendors we have... We do have many stand up guys but it comes down to how do you handle your business? If you are more than aware of a business having complications and being shady... and you still buy from them thinking your any different... then your a fucktard that needs to be beat to death with a tack hammer if you come back crying of the same problem.
    Hopefully this guy pulls his head out of his ass but I don't see that happening. Side business or not.. if you have some issues just simply state them. If your running behind on stuff as a owner it should be your priority to get ahold of those customers and tell them and why, and when they can expect what they paid for in REAL TIME FRAME.. not next week and wait months. Just sad to see local guy from my neck of the woods here in MI had a decent rep just let it go to hell and run downhill to where stuff is questionable. I do hope he gets it together, because unlike Chad from On3... Jeff actually makes his kits.. I just hope he doesn't forget what got him where he is. The people.... :2thumbs: Time to start fixing stuff bud.. or close doors.

5. ewoogy

I agree, I hope he can get his shit together because I actually like the kit I bought from him, even though it took 6 months to get it. With as backed up as he is he must be making some $$$ you would think hiring some more people would help out and improve his business but who really knows what's going on with him. He is a "nice" guy but the bs lies are to much, had a different one every time I called. But like I said for anyone thinking about buying from him, he stuff is nice and fit well for me if you don't mind the wait.

6. MyLittlePwny

I was going to insert what kind of kit I got, how long I took it and the quality of the product here... but nah, I'll just sit back and laugh.

7. 94sleeperstang

I talk with Jeff every so often. Before I got off the phone with him last time I talked to him I asked him if he was still keeping his ponydown buisness operating since Ive been seeing him talk on facebook about going to some kind of police acadamy training and he said he was turning down new orders because he has no time for it at the molment. Could it be the end of Ponydown?

8. PrecisionTurboMustang

Does your shit even run?

9. MyLittlePwny

Does yours?

10. PrecisionTurboMustang

Im not jerking anyone off in every post i make.

11. MyLittlePwny

So that's a no. Got it. lol

12. half-fast

man your swinging your chad boner in other threads?

13. MyLittlePwny

lol Pretty sure I said I wasn't going to mention what kit I got or how long it took to get it. You're the only one saying names.

14. biohawk1

[Could it be the end of Ponydown? ]

NOOOOOOOO. I hope not. I love my turbo kit from P.D. I was hoping to get another hot side for a 351w swap

15. BoostedBadBoy

Jeff will be reopening soon. I talked to him a few days ago, and I should have put it in this post first. Didn't see it. But as stated he had some serious family issues that anyone could understand. And I don't blame him one bit for not being with it and thinking about the business aspect as bad as it sucked for some. If he feels he can talk about it, thats up to him. But trust me, I understand completely now and retract my previous statement, and he understood what I said and why I said it, I told him about it. He hopes to be open to public soon again. He is catching up on orders and things are starting to be a lil better for him. But keep his family in prayers as they do need them. Ponydown is not gone...

16. slowboat

This same scenario has happened in the past. His uncle died and aunt needed help. Also used family excuse approx 1 year ago for a long delay in a kit for buddies car up here. Makes it hard to believe anymore.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  17. slowboat

edit: double post

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  18. Hemann

19. Mustangbrad94gt

If I couldn't fab my own or didn't have the time, I would get 10secgoal (Dustin) to build mine, his fab work is second to none, and wouldn't have to wait 6 months

20. Hemann

Looks like Jeff wasn't using the bender according to Brian.

I wish him luck. Would be nice for people to have options again.

bridal-shoal