1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

pics of Turbo Engineering low mount kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by dman, May 11, 2004.

1. dman

Jeff, it's off the car now. but i could lay the down pipe in the area that it sits and snap some pics... otherwise i'm going to take a bunch of pics as i'm installing it on my car..

2. JeffFoster

Thanks man, but dont go out of your way - im in no hurry, just trying to make a decision :) Ill wait for the pics as you install it.

Take care
    Jeff

3. Clem Eastwood

grape on the board had a 93 cobra with that kit on it and it was in an old issue of some mustang mag. that car had like 3000 miles on it when the car was pictured.

4. JeffFoster

What are these people thinking??? ...hacking up low mileage stock cars like that??? :D

5. Clem Eastwood

i helped hack up that car :D

6. SoL_93GT

Thats awsome, hack that fucker up.

7. JeffFoster

lol - still not sure what Im going to build, but Im interested to see WIP pics of this low mount..

8. SoL_93GT

JY diy kit, I'll help. Ohh yeah and theres that whole learning how to weld first though.

9. dman

ok, a little update.

I really must have burned up a lot of brain cells in my youth because I really thought that I retained the swaybar with the TE kit back in my 88 coupe.. But I did some mock-up work today and reailzed it ain't happening!!!! The downpipe exits right at the swaybar mount.. No chance of keeping it. Oh well, i'll use a stiffer bar on the rear axle, and i already have stiffer coil overs on the front so it should still handle decently.. Everything else seems to be fitting ok. I just have to move the clutch cable bracket and I relocated the power steering lines.. I think i'm going to install the kit this week without an intercooler, as i'm going to use a Methanol kit anyway...

10. SoL_93GT

meth meth baby...