1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pics of my 65 mustang

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 65mustang, Jan 11, 2008.

1. twofast

WOW. i'm at a loss for any other words. :bow:

2. blown65stang

badass car man.........wish mine looked like that........ :bow: :bow: :bow:

3. 65mustang

I do have additional pics of the front suspension I will get them up. Just regular 94 mustang knuckles and struts. The lower ball joints are for a 94 mustang too. They loosely fit in the 65 lower control arms, so I welded them in, you have to go slow so as not to burn anything up, I used a TIG. Front mounted rack. Actually Fatman Fabrications makes a kit just like it, but they use a fabricated lower control arm and a replaceable ball joint. Obviously if I have to replace the ball joint I have to get a whole new arm. But like I said earlier, I will be switching to a strange strut set up in the front which has its own lower control arms. Getting the bump steer to close as zero as possible was a total PIA!!!!

4. Turbohwagon

How soon will you be changing over to the strange setup? i would be interested in buying your old suspension setup.

5. mrturbo1300r

nice!!!!!!!

6. Supe

I don't even like Mustangs, but that thing is just gorgeous from the front end.

7. 65mustang

Here are some updates. Installed an AJE crossmember, strange brakes and new steering rack. Shock towers are notched to fit the Brondix head 9.2 block combo that will be going in!

Parts for sale 002.jpg #ad

Parts for sale 001.jpg #ad

Parts for sale 004.jpg #ad

8. boosted66

wow, awesome car, what is the AJE k member from?

9. 65mustang

AJE makest them now for the early mustangs. You can get the whole set up from them. I just bought the k member and lower A arms. The spindles are Racecraft 2 inch lowered for a 79-93 mustang. Coil over set up with Strange Engineering struts for 79-93 mustang and maximum motorsport camber plates for fox mustang. I needed to keep the shock towers for the class I want to race in.

10. Shagwell

Not sure what all you have for strut pipes coming forward from the cage? - Beautiful car, but I'd do something to tie that k-member into the cage/frame piping. Those stock lower frame rails are swiss cheese. Same tin as the body.

11. Saywhen

Are you going to any of the Milan Friday night races next year? I have to check this car out if you do.

12. Unatural

Wow, great job. That's coming together beautifully. I'm looking forward to seeing that motor and turbo setup in it. :2thumbs:

13. 65mustang

Yes the milan friday nights are one of the classes I want to race in. Just trying to get the motor together now. Being built by Uratchko racing.

14. asemaster

the car is awesome. can't wait to see more pics and maybe a video?

15. boosted66

how much did the k-member cost??

16. 65mustang

I got the K member and lower a arms for @ $700. I stimulated the economy with my check!!! LOL

17. franktf

Sweet lookin ride..... :2thumbs: Makes me miss my old 65.....

18. ScottI

I like the 65/66 fastbacks best of all. Great looking car !

19. JoeySperz

absolutely gorgeous. what did you run with the supercharger.

20. cabbott921

car looks awesome!!