1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Old School Toyota celica now with a 2JZ-GTE

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TurBo RG, Feb 16, 2007.

1. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Re: Old School Toyota celica

Fast as I can with out needing to sign my life away... 2JZ sounds like a good option... I Prefer the wrecking yards for an engine because I can get it cheaper then on ebay and i am not afrraid to do it my self... I can get the motor and trans as a package for less then $500 if I can loctae a good usuable one in there... actually there was a 95 lexus a while back that I believe had that combo in it... My buddy has a few turbos so I am thinking for less then $1000 we can make it go fast... then when it breaks will make it go faster... :2thumbs:

BTW thanks to every one for the get well soon!!!

2. 65ShelbyClone

What about smaller engines like SR20s, CA18s, and 4AGEs? I can understand the six for a drag car, but I think the fours would be easier to fit and wouldn't affect the handling much if at all. I mean good luck finding any of those in a junkyard in this country, but they are some capable little engines.

Wasn't it Top Secret that ditched the 2JZGTE in their Supra in favor of a 4AGTE?

3. oms4life

4. Jake

Good Lord Joseph!!! I lay in bed and cring thinking of all the possible injuries I could have in the garage and you go and "live the dream"! :D :bang: :D
    Hope you get better soon! Chicks dig scares, or so I hear!

5. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Actually the new GF asked what the hell I was thinking!!! at least she is nice and sympathitic though about it and not telling me how dumb it was... :2thumbs: I tell you I am diffinatly getting better medical Insurance!!! The crappy HMO plan from BLUE CROSS that I have through a 3rd party for my cobra plan sucks... For what I am paying I can get a nice PPO plan on my own that covers dental too. This is the last month I am coverd through the old plan and I am signing up for a new plan this coming week. I may also pay for 1 additional month of the old plan directly through blue cross to make sure all my bills for this get covered... at least I will be getting a raise to cover the cost of my new health plan... :chacha:

6. Robert1320

Bro, did that hurt?

Sux! Don't let that get infected!

7. PONTIAC SLEEPER

HA HA... Suprisingly not until later!!! Under water it feels like a jacuzzey jet... but I did feel the skin seprating and I knew oh shit thats gonna need to go to the hospital before I even saw what it did.... Then I nearly passed out from the pain... I am on an antibiotic along with a very strong pain killer... Cant really drive on the pain killer because it messes me up that good... then when I don't take it, like so I can drive and run my errons, it gives me a killer head ache, and I some times feel wosey from it after the fact... definitly taking care of it... I am actually going to get some more gause right now so I can change the dressing today...

Thanks to every one for the kind words!!! :2thumbs: Even if I am a Victim of my own Stupidity :bah: :bang:

Thanks,
    Joseph

8. TurBo RG

I Love the UPS truck.......
    here a few parts that came...

[​IMG]#ad

And

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

9. TurBo RG

This is the look I'm after

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Can you see it?

10. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Any progress??? Is that a 949 area code on the fender??? Were are you at in the nor cal area???

11. TurBo RG

Nothing really big yet. I've been accumulating pieces and parts. Yes, I'm in Nor Cal.
    I travel all over to get parts. sometime I will travel to the next state.

How's the hand?

12. flyinhillbilly

yea, i do actually see it. you've got the stance nailed.

13. Jake

X2! I actually like it(despite my feelings on imports) but hey as long as the drive wheels are on the correct end of the chassis its good in my book! :D :2thumbs:

14. Robert1320

Nice Look!

15. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Still attached.... Getting better but My INS.company is all screwed up... really Sucks

16. Air Supply

oh my ........................................ uuuuughhhhhhhh ! That's horrible. Seriously made my stomach turn !

Nice car, though :'(

17. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Were did you get that white front spoiler???

18. TurBo RG

I had a guy make them for me. do you need one?
    I had a group buy on them and I still have 3 of them.
    Karey

19. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Its like a chin spoiler right, to direct air upward??? How much are they... will it fit my 77???

20. PONTIAC SLEEPER

How Does my 77 look??? The headliner is actuall still intact but the lens for the lamp is missing... Couldn't get a good picture of it because of the sun light... Is there a place or site were I could find collecters looking for some of the original parts That I may be shedding from it???

Thanks Karey!!!

-Joseph

Toyota 1.jpg #ad

Toyota 2.jpg #ad

Toyota 3.jpg #ad

Toyota 4.jpg #ad

Toyota 5.jpg #ad

Toyota 6.jpg #ad

Toyota 7.jpg #ad

Toyota 8.jpg #ad