1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Old School Toyota celica now with a 2JZ-GTE

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TurBo RG, Feb 16, 2007.

1. TurBo RG

Re: Old School Toyota celica

looking at the tailshaft is pointing down more the I would like. I want it to be flat as posable. I'm going to try to get as even with the frame rails.
    Karey

2. BLWN1

What color is that orange on the first page?

lso which adapter are you going with the ATI?

3. BLWN1

4. TurBo RG

5. BLWN1

Sweet. I have been thinking sunset range like on the LS1 cars, but that is nice. What transmission adapter are you going with? Glide not an option?

6. TurBo RG

I'm sorry.
    I will be using the stock TT toyota with a higher stall and a trans brake. But,
    that's much later. I just want to get it running and driving straight.

Have you look at the house of Kolors Tangelo
    check this out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOUS...RIN-PEARL_W0QQitemZ280115310907QQcmdZViewItem

7. xssive

Sunset Orange metallic gm would be nice

8. BLWN1

Yes, I love it but a buddy already used it in town.... bummer.

9. TurBo RG

That sucks..... I have the same problem. there is another car like mine being built right now and the guy wants to paint his car this color.
    So where in a race to see who can get there car done first.

10. flyinhillbilly

this is my 66 gmc, the color is a dupont spectramaster color. i have the code, pm me if you want it, i also have other pics of it in more direct sunlight.

11. irlonzo

That thing is friggin sick man!!! cant wait to see what it looks like when its all done.

12. TurBo RG

very nice... do you have any better pics?

13. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Guess what I got my hands on??? 1977 Toyota Celica GT... cleared the lean papers last week on thursday... took the pictures with my camera phone so there not the best but better then nothing. Not trying to jack your thread but thought it might help showing other people like my self on this board shareing in your Toyota intrest...

What do you think the easyiest engine swap is for one of these??? kinda thinking about leaving the stock set up in there and put a small turbo on it and see what breaks first... Then put an 8.8 or a 9 inch with a mini tub and a either put a rotary motor or a small block in it... or maybe go deseil power with it...

Also wondering how hard the newer toyota motors are to run on a stand alone setup??? Maybe I could do a swap like that. Those things are usually cheap cause no one wants them once they have been totaled since there not worth a whole lot even brand new...

LMK what you think TurBo RG... seems like you now alot about these things. Hope to see you make some more progress on yours soon...

ATT00023.jpg #ad

ATT00014.jpg #ad

14. TurBo RG

Sweet!!! that's what I'm talking about. another baby camaro
    Come check out the classic celica list....
    http://www.classic-celica.com/nuke/index.php

The best bang for your buck is the 2jz. but the 2rz are good engine also. they are some guy on the east coast running 7s with them. And that is with a stock head and cams..... there really strong engines.
    Looking at what you have done so far with your 55 and the 9 inch projects. It won't take you long to have that thing flying.... :D :2thumbs:
    I can't wait to see more.
    Karey
    I should have a up date on mine soon. I'm just waiting on parts.

15. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Actually I had an accedeint at work on monday :'( Pictures below :2thumbs: I have alot to do on both of the projects but I am going to try an assemble the fab 9 by this weekend... still waiting on space for the 55... The original idea was to go low buck on this thing since I got it cheap and between me and my freind we can throw something together with plenty of Hi Tech Junk yard parts... :ras: I can do all the chassis and fab and he is really good with engine/transmission and tuning stuff... What specifically did the 2jz motors come in??? What all should I grab from the Junk yard if I find a good one??? Just the engine or a complete assembly with trans and wiring???

the half price sale is coming up again so I need to start looking...

ATT00040.jpg #ad

ATT00051.jpg #ad

ATT00060.jpg #ad

ATT00074.jpg #ad

ATT00081.jpg #ad

16. DaOnE51T

those pics just gave me goosebumps!!! :eek:

17. 65ShelbyClone

Man, that is effin pucker factor right there. :jdp:

I'm not about to click and enlarge those pics....Do I see staples instead of thread?

18. oms4life

2jz's usually come in 4th gen supra's (93-97) body style or newer lexus's im not sure whcih ones tho, and good luck finding one in a junkyard, with an engine and everthing u need. There's alot of places that sell jdm engines and u can get them for a decent price...your prob lookin at about $5000 for the complete engine, transmission, ecu, and wiring harness if u go threw JDM...or u can go threw Ebay for about $3000...Personally I would look into an RB25det (r33 skyline engine) cause that would be alittle different, and the 2jz and the rb are pretty much equal, but the rb's have a cheaper price. You can get a complete rb25det engine, transmission , ecu, and wiring harness for about $2600 shipped.
    I'v even seen some front clips of skylines on ebay with a buy it now price of $3000, if u bought a front clip you would have everything u need under the hood. Thats what my brother an I plan on doing w/ his 300zx he recently bought, thats going to pretty sick with an rb i cant wait to help him with that project...

but anyway here's some links....
    oh btw.....Nice job with the finger lol i hope it heals fast 4 ya man looks painful

2jzgte JDM
    http://www.japangeneraljdmmotors.com/2jzgte6speed.htm

rb25det JDM
    http://www.japangeneraljdmmotors.com/rb25.htm

2jzgte Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-TOYOTA-2JZ-TWIN-TURBO-SUPRA-ENGINE-SWAP-2JZGTE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ018QQitemZ280150600620QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Rb25det Ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Skyline-R33-Silvia-240SX-RB25DET-RB25-DET-Engine_W0QQitemZ330162678314QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330162678314

19. TurBo RG

you can do like Probezilla it has a non turbo 2jz with the stock 2jz-gte pistons and rods in it. check it out.

or you can use a 1jz. it's smaller then the 2jz but, it will still make all kinds of power with stock parts. I don't know how fast you want to go.
    the 76/77 celica weights about 2400lbs stock and a 1jz or 2jz can make over 450hp with stock twins
    an a 9inch. can be a 10's car on pump gas.

Dam!!!! how you do that?
    I hope everything is OK.

20. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Like they say Go big or go Home.... ;) Ya the first pic that looks like the joint exploded was The original damage. They had to put me under and slice it up to flush all the crap out. The x ray looks sick... you can see all the crap from the the cut back to the knuckle. Thats why the insicion was so far back. Then it was all stiched up... looks like about 10 or so stiches... The best part was I told the ER Doctor that at least I was wearing my safety glasses this time... :2thumbs: The only person in the ER that new what a water jet machine was, was one of the female nursess... :eek: every one else I had to explain it to. a car presuree washer is roughly 3000 psi or so at the tip This machine increases water pressure to about 50,000 PSI at the tip wich comes out of a hole that is about .025 in diameter and uses a mixture of water pressure and garnet, wich to my understanding is the second hardest menarial next to a diamond. For those of you asking what is Garnet, it is basically a silica based sand particle that is mostly redish in color... The do actually use it for sand blasting applications too... Funny thing is my boss had his arm sliced open by a steel plate a few weeks back wich severed 5 tendounds and he thinks this looks worse and more painfull then his injury... I ran out side and said gotta go to the hospital and he was like oh shit how bad is it... pulled back the shop rag and he was like oh shit... , Did it go all the way through??? I was like no, but I think it got the tendound on top. He was like oh f*#$ now what are gonna do :bang: :bang: I was like well lets see what they say in the er and go from there... You could actually see the garnet in a straight line next to my bone in the x ray that ran all the way back to my knuckle... They have to treat it the same as a gun shot wound and flush everything out...

OPPS, I am a victim of my own stupidity :bah: