1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ok, what the hell is Ackbar up to now.....

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Ackbar00, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Turbo Drag Radial

Good Luck....keep us posted.

2. racesloth

best of luck to you...

3. Ackbar00

Well.....

Had some really bad ignition problems. Spent that whole day trying to figure them out. Fast forward to the end of the tunning session, we had the spout pulled and the timing set at 15*. I was watching it with a timing light. Stayed at 15 at all RPMs. As soon as heput the car under a load, it would go unreadable and break up real bad. We changed out the TFi real quick and same shit. I think the new Mallory Dizzy is bad. I put my stocker back in, just have not been able to get back to the dyno yet.

4. 5.0calypso93lx

Dangit, I was going to tell you I had a stocker for you for $40 lol.

5. Ackbar00

Well, that fixed it :)

Is tuned about as conserative that a 410 with a big turbo on it can be tuned. 16* of timing. 7.5#'s of boost ;) and it had sticky tires on the dyno.

625/677

Going to take it hopefully to the track on Thursday.

6. Turbo Drag Radial

what turbo are you using? Is it still the T70?

Great #'s. Do you recall your inlet temp? What plugs are you using? What is your compression?

7. Ackbar00

It is a Gt4202 T4 4 inch downpipe.

Inlet temp, no idea
    NGK 8's gapped to 30
    errr, it changed with the rebuild. I beleive it is around 9.2 to 1 now.

8. Ackbar00

I got this vid this morning from a buddy who was there at the dyno. :D

9. 5.0calypso93lx

Those numbers are sick for that boost level. This is still on stock block correct? What part number on the plugs? Just NGK 8's?

I need to go back and look at your pics for how the DP is routed. My 3.5" DP is about as tight as you could possibly fit, so I don't understand how you got a 4" to work. I was thinking maybe it was because mine is a 351w based, but yours is too.

Edit: Crap, forgot you went with the b series kit. Makes sense now.

10. bkstang95

Hell yeah man! Excellent numbers!

You get Jeff to tune it?

11. Ackbar00

Yeah, Jeff hooked me up. There was another car on the dyno before mine. Some nasty 2v SC car. Just changing from Drag Radials to street tires the car picked up 30 rwhp. I know on my numbers in the spring I was on street tires and this time I was on DR's, so that is good to know. Plus, it makes 10 psi on the street, so that is what? 50? Its ok, Ill just pretend I am from middletown ;)

Still a stock 96 block. .40 over. Errr, I dont remember the exact part number off of the top of my head for the plugs, but I can get it for you. You can get them from advance auto, but it is a little cheaper through Jegs. Yep, B-Series. I am surprised you got a 3.5 inch to fit the way you did.

Oh yeah, 16* of timing

12. bgjohnson

That's pretty tits man, I'm glad that large T-4 turbo is working well for you. And at such low boost!

13. bkstang95

Hahaha yeah, I thought that was Jeff's ugly mug in the video :D

14. 5.0calypso93lx

I would appreciate that part number on the plugs. I'm guessing I'll need the same ones.

Yea, the 3.5" DP is an extremely tight fit. In fact, it's making contact in a few places, valve cover and firewall. Not sure if that's going to be an issue or not.

I wanna see some 140+ traps!!!

15. Ackbar00

It did OK at the track. I was STUPID easy on it. Shifting early, No 2 Step, etc. I am sure it would do 140 if I ride it out.

1.89 60 foot...... On slics.......
    [email protected]

I needs an automatic. Anyone want to trade for a TKO-600? ;)

16. bgjohnson

I see's mid to high 9's in your future with an auto with the same power.. ;)

17. Ackbar00

Took it out again this past weekend. This time was on the 315 DR's. I was still stupid silly safe with my shifting and only came up off of idle. Still, went something like this:

1.85 60 ft
    7.56 1/8
    102 MPH 1/8

11.22 @ 138

On my first pass, I managed to look at my AF and it got as high as 13.1. I was going to pack it in for the day till my brother said, lets check the fuel pressure. I can honestly say I had not checked it in 5 years. 32..... Ummm, yeah. Bumped it to 42 and AF went back to 11.90's.

18. 5.0calypso93lx

Not sure if this is blocked for anyone who is not a friend of Kevin Connor's on FB, but Paul, looks like you've got a fan!!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=613045396

Cliffs: 20 year old kid, aka kevin1989, just decided to post a pic of your motor on his wall and is playing it off as his.

19. bgjohnson

Kill kill kill

20. Kwik92GT

LOL Wow. :doh: