1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Oil dripping out tailpipes. I did SEARCH first!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Grey93TT, Dec 20, 2006.

1. boosted88coupe

silver has a been there...I just drilled a hole in mine and used two smal bolts and welded them pointing downward and put on it...when you work by yourself it's easier to get a jack under the k member and slip it into place and put on a small nut then when it's all up there just run the frame bolts!! it shouldn't take more than an hour to get it totally out of the car if you have the right tools and you get serious about getting some work done. I would also try the restrictors first... Great information guys and good questions too. All have a Merry Christmas and for you florida guys that can drive your turbo stang this time of you... :bah:... lol
    Brandon

2. allmotor65stang

just rebild the turbo dont even try the restrictor JUST REBILD.. :poke:

3. Grey93TT

I am in the Bay Area too. Do you know a good turbo rebuild shop around here?

4. 93PONY

There are no places in NorCal that will do ball bearing rebuilds.
    Only 2 places that I know of in the US.... Majestic in Dallas was cheaper & turnaround was SUPER fast. Sent them out on a Monday......got them back on Friday.

5. stanggod

I'm pretty sure the other is Limit engineering. :D

6. Grey93TT

Hey guys, got an update on this. Once I got the motor running again after pulling the plugs, it seems that there is no more oil coming out of the tailpipes? I described the issue to a friend of mine and he hypothesised that the turbo seals had potentialy dried out from sitting for so long. Once they warmed up and got some fresh oil on them they regained their sealing ability? Does that sound possible to anyone? Either way no more oil is spitting out the tailpipes!!!

:chacha: