1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Official TurboForums.com project car

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by WaterPog, May 1, 2008.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert1320

Speaking of heads the new Dart Pro 2 heads look nice! :2thumbs:

2. Jess

Why shit up a cool thread with this? He obviously has reasons as stated. But lending to equally submitting my opinion, I think it will be badass.

3. stangboy86

the only dump will be the dump you take in your pants when you go for a ride in this turbo bbc powered mustang.

4. WaterPog

they are actually on the short list i've been looking at.

5. zodicus

How big you plan on going with the BB, 496, 502, 555, 598, 706? could go with a tripple nickle and twin turbos then call the car "full house" :2thumbs: give the car a card esk paint job.

6. TwoFastT3s

x2, I like that idea... :2thumbs:

Nate

7. WaterPog

the plan has been to keep it small, at or below 500", to keep the torque a bit more managable

8. TwoFastT3s

wuss... :angel:

Nate

9. Blue91

Any updates? Ever get the cage installed and pics?

10. WaterPog

family has been a chalenge over the summer, but it's getting close to time to cut out the floor.

11. cammerfe

With all due respect---I have to agree with fordantic. As great as the car is likely to look, there'll be this big 'dump' in the engine compartment. :D
    KS

Gee whiz, guys! Why all the hostility? I even put in a grin so nobody'd take the comment wrong. (OTOH, a 'rat' is heavier than a 385 BBF---Yates-type SBF heads can flow more than 400, as can Dove and BT FE heads. Both engines are significantly lighter than a rat. I'm sure I don't need to tell regulars on this forum about the power-making abilities of a turbo'd SBF.

On the other hand, I had no intent to ruffle any feathers. And it's been a number of years since I did any drag racing. I kinda like top-ending these days.

Ken S from Ben's Place

12. Robert1320

Why does it matter? Right WHY DOES IT MATTER.
    Nothing GM will be in an ALL aftermarket motor anyway.
    As for heads like no one make a bbc that will not flow 400 cfm :doh:
    The Dart Pro II's flow 420 out of the box.

Until you pay the bills you don't have choice in someone elses build.
    It could be bbc in a Mustang or a sbf in a Camaro.
    I respect my customers and thier choices. I will offer them guidance but, never
    tell them what to do.

BTW, no ruffled flock, just honest answers.

13. cammerfe

I note with wry amusement that when the cross-breed is the other way---Corvette with 600" BBF---it seems to be OK to sound off. The above comment was a reaction to that observation. Now I'll sit back and watch the repercussions coming from those suffering from 'wedgie'.
    KS

14. RI85GT

Seems to me you just have to have the last word on this. Why don't you just leave this thread alone if you disapprove ??

Before you "sit back and watch" on your high horse, "note" that it is pretty obvious it struck some kind of nerve with you, otherwise why would you be posting about it?

And trust me, you having an issue will not keep anyone up at night, nor will it ruffle anything. You are just another internet user with an opinion. Joy :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

15. cammerfe

"Seems to me you just have to have the last word on this" :D
    KS

16. WaterPog

Financial issues force this to be put on hold indefinately.