1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Official TurboForums.com project car

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by WaterPog, May 1, 2008.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5.8coupe

X2

2. topfueldart

Is that cage all preassembled and sent in a box? Or is the floor section complete, with everything else notched and numbered and you just tacked it together or what? That thing is sweet.

3. fordantic

BBC in a Ford. How dare you?!! That's sacrelige, its cool, but morally unacceptable to me.

4. WaterPog

yes, the floor is pre-welded and everything else is ready to go and labled, just assemble and weld. it was litterally 20 min to go from a pallet of pipes to those pics.

I haven't had any real progress in the last few weeks, work has kept me super busy (out of town a lot) and I've been waiting for some parts for the welder but I'll be out there plugging away next weekend for sure.

5. cammerfe

With all due respect---I have to agree with fordantic. As great as the car is likely to look, there'll be this big 'dump' in the engine compartment. :D
    KS

6. BlownShovel

Bahhhh haters :D

BBC rule :cheers:

7. Robert1320

Fast is fast!

Don't worry about what brand it is............

8. WaterPog

My thoughts exactly Robert, I don't care if it's a 2cyl 2 stroke Yugo motor as long as it can spin the twins and make the power....

9. RI85GT

If you don't like it.... don't click the damn link

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

10. HouTex

Since the link says there is a BBC in it.....youre right, ignorance really IS bliss.

11. ranger250x

any reason in particular as to why you chose to do a BBC. its still gonna be a wicked machine.

12. WaterPog

several actually, cost being one of the primary but there are others just as big. The big block just makes more sence when you really start to look at it and realise that even a mediocre set of BBC (or BBF for that matter) heads will flow 400cfm on the intake. Sure there are small block heads that can do that as well but not for anywhere near the price.

13. furchaser

Well then go build yourself a BBF and race him... :poke:

14. stangboy86

ford, chevy, whats the difference when its all modified geometry and aftermarket parts.

15. slowfox

Hell yeah man build that thing how you want. My 347 the only thing that was left ford was the block and timing chain cover the rest was a mix of aftermarket junk. My friend is a diehard bowtie guy and gave me crap about my ford till I informed him tha even he only had a chebby block left from GM goods. As long as you aren't using a chevy 2.8 I think fast is fast.

16. Mesarina

Nice, what are you going to do with that dash, door panels center console???.. :cheers:

17. Bowtie Guy

Any update? Sounds cool.
    Later
    Bowtie Guy

18. Lance

Make sure you give me a call too when it comes wastegate time :cheers:

19. turboboy4548

Congrats, big block chevy will give you the most power with the least amount of cash outlay. Kudos to all the people with the balls to do swaps like this. I would swap a bbc in any make of car.

20. slow8.0

x2 Who cares. You dont like it- dont watch the build! Nothin but real power here.