1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

New Dedicated E85 metering block design on the way!

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by Eric68, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Eric68

Skatefreak, They are currently $300 installed :cheers:

2. Skatefreak

Awesome. I will get with you when I'm a little closer. Thanks for the reply!

3. nebdrummer

How well would these work for a street/strip, Blow thru/crutch/brpv setup?

4. Eric68

They are ideal for street strip (and blow through) because they are tuneable without having to crack the carb open. I can set the third circuit to flow a bunch of fuel so a fairly big tuneup change can be made from the outside if changing boost a couple psi. You can also add or take away fuel from one particular corner of the carb/engine if the hat causes signal variance from corner to corner or side to side.

There is still a lot to learn with tuneups using these new blocks but so far they are awesome.

5. 65rambler

Eric
    Do these work with your carbs? I'm looking at doing twins onthe rambler if we can package them.
    Kevin

6. Eric68

Yes, but there are mods required to the carb's main body. Blow through has proven to be a little more challenging than NA but they do work, and work well!

Because the air bleed is on the metering block and not under the hat, I have to re-route the bleed and put it in the main body for blow through. No big deal with an HP main body, but a royal pain with a non-HP body (not enough meat to work with on non-HP bodies)

7. munro

probably a state secret but what sorta mods are required on the main body to fit your metering blocks?

8. Eric68

LOL not a state secret, they need a second booster installed. Its a tube more like the 3rd circuit on a Dominator but in a different spot. The exact spot varies on the application.

Now for blow through I also have to relocate the intermediate air bleed from the block to the body so its "under the hat".

9. turbo toad

Eric I've been kicking the idea around and converting over to e85 for my blow through project I'm in the final stages of the build and im hoping to get some base line tuning this weekend but i plan on possible making the switch in the winter if you need a test mule im not that far from you Jackson mich aera let me no

10. munro

thanks for the reply eric.

11. clark115

Eric I took my car out to the track with your new metering blocks for the first time Saturday 6/22. I ran a best of 5.96 @ 121.25 in the 1/8. how much adjustment is there in the 3rd circuit? I have a pop at the end of the 1/8. I checked the plugs and they looked ok. i'm running a water/meth injection system. could I be having a ignition problem? I using a msd 6al. is that strong enough to light off the spark with water/meth being injected. car runs good. i'm making 20 lbs of boost. I opened up the turbo manifolds and i'm getting a lot more exhaust to turn the turbine. I did adjust the new circuit 1 turn. how much more can I open it. I don't have my instruc

12. clark115

finally got my lm1 hooked up. found I had a good fuel curve but a stuck waste gate. I logged 28psi boost. i'm lucky I didn't fry the engine. the water / meth injection works good probably saved the engine. ran a 5.790 at 122.13 and let off at the 1/8. carb looks to be working great. air fuel curve looked good even at 28psi. I found out my turbo manifolds didn't have the outlets for the wastegates machined out big enough. I got them opened up to match the waste gate now. I should be able to control the boost.

13. oldsfromyell

Are you still doing E85 blow through carburetor modifications?

14. tbird

yes he is.
    He doesnt get on social media much being busy with carbs.

Give him a call.

oldsfromyell likes this.