1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

new 88mm majestic on 500 cadillac motor

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by 500ss, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Crezzyman

Running an intercooler might allow you to run pump gas, depending on how much work the heads have done to them, and how high you rev.

Running an intercooler might require you to run 18 PSI of boost to make 1000HP. No intercooler would make it so you'd have to run 26 PSI or so instead. And on an all iron engine, you won't be running pump gas a 26 PSI unless you have one hell of a giant intercooler and meth/water injection, and even then you'd probably be running a race gas mix. Running an intercooler and water/meth injection would also allow you to run more boost on pump gas, i.e., more power on pump gas.

Sean, I'm just wondering, do you think 320 CFM intake flow is enough to support 1000HP intercooled with water/meth injection on pump gas? I think it would be possible to do it on a street car on pump gas, but I always like other people's input.

2. sean

500ss: The tried and tested way would be to use an A1000 pump or equivalent. The Robbmc pump might work, but i doubt anyone really knows if it will or not. You don't absolutely need an intercooler.

Crezzyman: It could probably be done, but I've never done it and don't know anyone that has on a Cadillac. The first turbo Cadillac I did made 773hp non-intercooled on pump gas. But it was going lean and bent all the Oldsmobile rods on the dyno.

3. 500ss

ok so the Dyno says 435hp & 588tq at the wheels NA
    What can I expect with the 88mm turbo non intercooled at 10 lbs of boost?
    Oh and I don't have the single plane intake yet, is that a huge problem?

4. sean

Is that a wheel dyno, or a simulator? Too many variables to say for sure. Would guess 600+hp, maybe close to 700hp. I ran the Edelbrock dual plane in blow-through for a while. Just watch the fuel distribution and jet to the leanest cylinder.

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

I would say this is a bit of an exaggeration..