1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Wolfe, Baseline suspension/rear end build and diy mini tub

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Unatural, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Unatural

Thanks, I appriciate it. :)

2. Adrenalin

Very nice bro! I'm enveous, I wish I had those skills. :bow: I'm stuck having to pay people to do certain things. :bah:

I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to make my seats work wtih the mini-tubs. Very nice and informative buildup bro.

Terry

3. Unatural

There are a few different routes you can go with making your back seats. You could do it the cheap way like I did and just cut down the seat bracing and squeeze it all together, you could do like this (https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=92581.0) and make your own seats to fit in between the actual mini tub kit and then have them reappaulstered, or come up with something else. :noidea:

The reason I did it like I did was because I really wanted to keep the totally stock look, and you can't do that with any of the mini tub kits that you buy. You always have to cut up the plastics in order to fit them around the mini tub. I don't really plan on letting people ride in the back seat anyway, but I'm all about keeping it really clean looking, and in my eyes, keeping the interior stock looking and not cutting stuff up is a good way of doing that. I hope I was able to at least give you some ideas though and thanks for the compliment. :cheers:

4. quarterstang86

Your work turned out worth it, you should be proud! Your uncle seems to be a cool, knowledgeable dude for sure!

BTW - a 12" rim would require frame notching. ;)

5. DC91GT

I am running a 10.5" wide wheel (no notch) and wheel spacers. I think you can run a 12" if you don't mind it being even with the fender.

6. dman

Wayne you SUCK!!!! i didn't know you were doing all this.. Looks bad ass fo sho! I want to do something similar so i'll be bending your ear as well. keep the pics coming..

7. Unatural

Dude, it's been done for a while now. You just need to keep up with the board better. :D I have a bunch more pictures of the whole process, so if you are looking for anything specific just let me know.

8. Kerrdogg

Specific, heck just drive down here and get to work, there's two of them in the parking lot ready to go 91 coupe and 86 coupe. If you're lucky and work hard on my 86 coupe (see pic) our customer with the Enzo might swing by and take you for a ride in his new Bugatti Veyron...

86coupe.jpg #ad

9. Turbo_Baer

looks killer !

do you think when the tires grow, they wil east them selves up on the front and rear wheel well openings ?

10. Unatural

I don't know John, that sounds pretty tempting. :D

Thanks, I don't think there will be a problem with the tires. With the LCAs that I have on it, I was able to center the tire in the wheel well, and there is actually a pretty good amount of room both in front, and behind the tire. I have taken the car out one time with the slicks on it and drove up to ~100 mph, and when I got back and swapped the tires back, I didn't notice any rubbing.

11. Kerrdogg

Yeah my offers are always great, so great nobody seems to want to take me up on them....

100mph? You better test it higher than that as I heard with your new combo that will be like your 330 ft speed, opps I forgot I wasn't suppoosed to share that, I would erase it but I already hit the post button ;) .

12. Unatural

HA!!! That combo won't be coming for another few years.

After my dad gets some of the projects out of the way at his house, I'll see if I can't squeeze you and Darin's cars into the garage. :D I really need to get a compressor at my house. :doh:

13. WaterPog

You can also do tailpipes up over the shock bar, just raise the trunk floor some.

14. Unatural

Got any pictures from under it?

15. SlowJoe

you are crazy to work with flip flops!!!!!

16. Unatural

The slag only hurts for a second when it lands on your feet. :D

17. SlowJoe

Looks awesome man.

18. green notch

Looks awesome man, really hope I can pull something simular off with my notch...if it looks half that good I'll be happy...do you think you could fit a 325 50 mickey on your 10 inch rims? I have a feeling I'm gonna be asking you alot of ?'s :bow:

19. Unatural

Thanks guys, I appriciate the compliments.

I'm not sure what the overall width of those tires on a 10" rim is, but if anyone can tell me, I can figure it out. I already did a bunch of measuring, so if I know how much wider those tires would be than my slicks, it would be easy to do the math.

On a side note, I changed out my spool for a Strange differential and I'm proud to say that I CAN'T spin my 315/35-17 Nitto DRs on the street in 1st gear from a 5 mph roll!!! :banana: I plant my foot, the boost comes on hard and fast with the 3.55s in the back and the car just takes off without any wheel spin at all. That was just after cruising around for a little while too. No burnouts.

20. jevans

Nice work...Car looks Killer...