1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My rmt TT build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Fast82z, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Forcefed86

Huh... thats odd it wouldn't let you go BTDC. Get it s low as possible 0* would be better than nothing. I saw some of your other posts saying how this dropped power and bogged the car. Something isn't right there. I wish I was more familiar with BS3. I know on my AEM it automatically richens the mixture by a percentage value when antilag is on. Maybe yours is going to rich or lean. Should hear some nutty popping and banging if your doing it right. Defiantly not for manual cars only.

&list=PL51254043E2D9E622&index=3[/URL]

2. Fast82z

Tried it at the track today, and it will let starting line timing go as far as -20. I remember now though another reason I didn't like it is because it is spotty about actually doing it. I progressed with my 2 passes, one at 20 degrees and the other at 5 degrees. Didn't get an attempt at negative numbers at the track, but made 2 attempts once home and it didn't pull any timing like it was ignoring it altogether. What I did do at the track looked to do nothing other than help traction a bit since it launched with AFR's in the 9's. It's not super slow still pulling 1.5x 60's with some tire chatter, but I'm thinking the most fool proof way would still be more stall since it is currently about 3500rpm and the cam probably wants something more like 4000-4500 anyway. Started working on getting some wheels together for the 325's, and once with those I could put the stupid loose converter in for some fun launches since that one stalled like 6000+

3. BOOSTEDROK

Any updates?

4. Fast82z

Have been running the 325's and they don't seem to be as good as I remember them being before, but did manage a 9.89@ 133ish while still using 7-8psi. It can launch hard, but relies on the turbo too much. If I go WOT on the top yellow it'll pull 1.7x 60', but if I go WOT for say 2.5-3 seconds before launching it builds 4-5psi and stalls the converter to 4400ish instead of the 3400-3600 that it goes to at the initial hit of the throttle. I've since bought and put in another converter that should stall 4500 at the hit, which is more where the cam lives anyway. Also started piece parting some stuff for additional fuel so I can really put some boost to it.

5. BlownShovel

do you usually run at Thompson or elsewhere?

6. Fast82z

I'm usually at thompson, and did that 9.89 a few wed. ago.

7. BlownShovel

I'm heading to Milan tomorrow but maybe we can get together before end of summer

8. Fast82z

Have some injectors mounted pre-compressor now, but doesn't seem to do anything other than provide additional fueling. The new converter stalls about 4400 and provides for a decent and much more repeatable launch. I now go WOT on the top yellow and launch at 4400-4500rpm and 3psi for a 60' of high 1.4's. Made a pass at 9.77@ 141 still on bout 7psi. Turned up the boost to 12psi and clicked off a 9.56@ 147. Also tried staying on the TB longer, and it does fairly quickly ride a rev limit at 4600 and make 5psi. The down side is that it can't plant it. Since my LCA's are already in the lowest hole and the tires don't chatter when spinning, I raised the rear ride height about 3/4" and shall find out tomorrow if that helps plant the power.

9. Forcefed86

Thats haulin the mail up top, congrats! Lets see some pics of those new injectors... ;)