1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Low 12's :lau: :ras: :rofl: :lh: :fu: Maybe low 12's in my silveradeo....LMAO More like High 8's. I'd be happy with that. If I get things to gether here I should be able to start back on it next week.... Got my spot back down at my buddys shop. Workin on a Fabricated Housing blue print right now. And if some wants to know why I dont just by one??? because i want mine to be different damn it!!! I want, I want, I want....

2. PONTIAC SLEEPER

I looked at alot of colors. Originaly I decided on something like montey's, but When I saw an all stock restored 55 in black and white I said thats it!!! Then I asked round and found out it was a true original color combo I new that was the way it had to be finished.
    As far as crafstmanship goes, Thats a big thing with me. If I can't do something nice enough I have to find some one who can Just so I can be happy.

Drac0nic - It took so long because every one jumps on the good deals same day its out. Unfortunitly there are to many idiots that think oh I can fix that easy. So they pay what the last guy did for a good car. Most every one after thinks well if the last guy sold that rusty bondo bucket for that much then mine is worth that much or more. Sad thing is that after I bought my 55 I went and looked at another one for 2500. It was a true belair but it had alot of bondo and rust hidding under that. I new someone would buy it and they did within a few days. I personally thought It was a little high for the amount of damage and rust it had but some one else thought it was a cream puff. Go figure.

So last week I talk to a guy in my neighbor hood that bought a 55 and I go over and take a peak... this thing made that other one I looked at a few years back look like 10,000 car. There was vertually No floor in this thing at all, the inner rockers were almost complety gone, the outers were not that great but were there . tail pan area heavily rusted out. front a pilliar around the window frame preaty rusted out. He thinks he did good though for the $2500 he paid for it. I guess he made some of the money back with the hemi stuff that came with the car. More power to him, I guess it will be a father son project when his son gets older.
    Personally regardless of my goal with any car I would at least want to find one that was structurally sound.

3. onewickedcamaro

Looks really nice lots of work but well worth it.

4. PONTIAC SLEEPER

;) Thanks!!! I like to think its worth all the effort... :2thumbs:

5. ralphiejantz

That is my second favorite car of all time
    right after my 67 chevelle
    its looks like you got a pretty good body to start with
    this will be one of those quality built cars I hate when people restore cars and do a half ass job
    I did a frame off resto on the my chevelle in my sig and made sure to go out of my way to make everything as clean and quality as possible
    Good looking project and the black and white is the best color scheme for that body hands down :2thumbs:

6. SC68Z28

Thats going to be soooo cooool 8), all steel 55 running 8's.
    The Black and white will be icing on the cake :2thumbs:
    Keep the updates coming.

Can't wait to see it, at a PSCA event. subscriibing, ---Bill.

7. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Thanks Bill ! :2thumbs: I am supposed to be getting back to it soon. Hopefully by next weekend or some heads may need to be bashed in this time. I was told I would get my spot back at my buddies shop a few weeks ago by my freind, unfortunitly he has been a little slow on some of his other projects at the shop. :bang: :bang: :bang: Any way I can't wait to make some more progress and post more pictures of it. :chacha: My Fabricated Housing Face plate blue print is almost complete so I should be able to cut a sample part soon. I have been sick all this week so I have not made a whole lot of progress on any thing. With any luck I will some updates real soon!!! Stay tuned

8. thesled

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupdates?

9. PONTIAC SLEEPER

:bang: I wish I had some to give right now... still waiting for my turn to get in the shop... :'( I am working on getting my fab housing deal done. The blue print is almost finished. My goal is to be able to cut another sample face plate by the end of this week and the actuall part by the beginig of next week... I need to find out what the 3/8 moly plate is gona cost me... :spend:

10. Leftoverchinese

Man, I only wish I could afford a clean black and white 55 like that. Thats my favorite year of the tri 5's. I have always wanted something like the two lane blacktop car.

11. PONTIAC SLEEPER

I was all into Camaro's, Nova's Chevelle's Even 57 Chevys and what not Untill I saw Montey berrney's first 55 chevy ( Big Bertha ) in a magazine in a small add or something. It was actually midnight blue wich is almost like black and white on top. That car opened my EYE'S to these. Then I started looking At these and what people were doing to them. The wheels started turning and I collected all the articials I could find.

12. chessman90

Did the sandblasting cause any warpage in the body panels?

13. PONTIAC SLEEPER

No, Actually they use a special mix but would not reveal what exactally was in it. I do know That they used walnut shells in the mix... I Had it done by Don at Orange County Sand Blasting In the city of Orange, California. Don's Number is (714) 532-4633 They specialize In Antique, Classic, and Vintage Cars They also do Custom and commercial blasting... I know they also do stuff for Disney Land So they must be doing something right...

Orange County Sand Blasting, Inc.
    Don Gravley
    415 W. Walnut Ave.
    Orange, CA 92687

14. ShawnF

Hey if you don't mind me asking what did they get to media blast the car I need my 55 done also?
    Thanks.

15. 67TurboChevelle

16. TeamZmotorsports

Sleeper I just saw this thread, that rear end looks Awesome! Did you ever get the patterns for the FAB style one worked out??

17. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Dave I did get the face plate worked out on the fab 9 style housing but I dont have the cash right now to buy the 3/8 molly plate. https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79981.0
    Even worse doesn't look like I am going to have much work in the near future so will see what happens. I really want to get with you on the rear end project. I am serious about building them and I can accomidate you with a 3 inch tube version. I am going to see about getting a personal loan from a family memeber. will see what happens

I used a strange housing in those pictures I could give you the info on the mods I did for that one.

18. Air Supply

Awesome !

Sign my hood !

19. Nmbr1GMfan

WOW, very nice project

20. PONTIAC SLEEPER

Thanks!!! Hoping to get back to it soon if things work out. Been saying that all year but this time it seems like it may actually happen. If it doesn't Happen by then end of this year I decided I am going to SALE EVERYTHING... :bah: