1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my "from n/a strip-only drag car TO street/strip turbo build"....I hope

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Raptor6.2, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Raptor6.2

The cell is a JAZ 10 gallon. Listed as a street rod cell at Jegs if I recall. I fabbed the mount and used a 10an bulkhead for the feed line at the right rear corner of the cell. Would probably be better with a sump, but I will just keep at least half a tank full.

2. quick85vet

Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

3. 434chevelle

I know what your saying. It's always a compromise. I was just stunned at how badly it choked mine under boost. Awesome looking setup!!!

4. Forcefed86

In for results, great looking setup!

5. Raptor6.2

Thanks guys! Well I have come to the realization of what others have suggested since the beginning...running out of fuel pump. When I started buying parts in the beginning plans were for a 383 on e85 and a big shot of nitrous. I bought the Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump at that time, and when plans changed to twins I just stuck with what I had. Great pump, but it's not keeping up for my setup. I spent a week or so exploring other options in electric, but decided to go belt driven. Aeromotive red pump showed up yesterday. Finishing up on making a mounting bracket, and still have to plumb the new feed line. Going with 12 feed/10 return. I hope to get some track time soon.

6. Raptor6.2

7. Raptor6.2

And then this happens....
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

My fault, as I did not use anything to glue the gaskets to the head side (I never have in the past). Easy fix, and a good time to upgrade the intake. Went with the Holley 300-110.

8. Raptor6.2

While I've been down a while with the belt drive pump install and intake issue, I picked up some dual needle and seat bowls. And after all of this.....the carb/fuel loss/lean issue is still there. Carb is currently on a Fed Ex truck going to another carb builder to hopefully get sorted out. Yeah I know.....I should of went fuel injection.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

9. Raptor6.2

I also picked up the MSD 7763 4 bar Boost Controller. There are a lot of good boost controllers out there, but went with the MSD since I already have the full Grid setup - and have been really happy with the features and ease of setup of the Grid. I am mounting a 5 lb CO2 tank, and should have it plumbed by the time the carb gets back. So far I have just used the wastegate springs. The car builds boost very quick on the 2 step, then launching on the trans brake so far has 60 ft best of 1.42. That is with approx. 10lbs of boost. Immediately after that it goes into the lean miss and I lift. Really hope this trip to the carb builder solves the problem.

10. 73novaracer

I know I'm digging up an old thread here but did you ever find out about the lean-out issue? Really cool car!