1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My first LS--88 Mustang GT 5.3 4L80E S475

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by TDmkr496, Apr 21, 2013.

1. TDmkr496

Thanks guys. Its a Dynatech muffler, straight through.

2. nj636

nice built Tom, just saw this now :2thumbs:

3. moss500berg

What are you going to be using for fuel management? Build looks awesome and a chassis/motor/trans for under a grand is one good deal!

Edit: just now saw that you're using EFILive, good luck with the build ill be checking up on this a lot

4. TDmkr496

Thanks guys! I was able to get the charge pipes done today, need to mount the crank case catch can and the trans cooler, and then I guess I can tear this mfer apart to clean and paint it.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. BlownShovel

:) glad to see the progress!

6. TDmkr496

Thanks Walt! Got the gate mounted today.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

7. Mnlx

Nice clean routing. What size gate, and where did you source the flex for the gate?

8. TDmkr496

Thanks! Its a 50mm JGS gate, I got the flex from Summit.

9. TDmkr496

Got the throttle cable mounted tonight and think I found a spot for the crank case breather tank. What do you guys think??

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

10. nj636

your cruising right along with this project. I think the breather will do just fine there, it's tucked out of the way.

11. TDmkr496

The Camaro sending unit I ordered came in yesterday, need to get that mf'er mounted. Anyone know if it makes a difference on which wire sees 5V and which is the signal wire back to the dash cluster??

Might also swap the gears out (4.10's to 3.27's) this weekend if I get a chance to.

The only real fab work I have left is mounting the BOV, catch can, and evac tube in the down pipe.

Need to figure out what I'm going to do for a shifter too, I have a 4 cyl. car shifter (they have 4 forward gears), I just have to figure out how to make that work with a cable and the trans. Or I could just get an aftermarket shifter lol.

12. BlownShovel

I'd opt for the aftermarket shifter.... get it rolling and cruise up to my place !

13. TDmkr496

Lol thanks Walt, I am thinking that I would like to take it on Powertour or dragweek or something like that.

14. BlownShovel

Let's figure it out and meet up...

15. TDmkr496

Sounds like a plan!! Got the injector rails mounted and the exhaust finished, need to get the breather tank mounted. Going to try and mount the gas tank sending unit tomorrow.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

16. TDmkr496

Just got finished taking the dash out of the car, holy hell.....its a friggon mess. Some zipper head has been in there before and "tuned" shit up. Theres cut and spliced wires all over the place, unused plugs all over the place...ugh...

17. BlownShovel

that sucks... never know what they had going on. As long as the car runs and radio works you will be fine !

18. nj636

how did this build make the hall of fame

19. TDmkr496

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do, I'm on the fence about fixing whats there or making a whole new harness for it....

20. nj636

you can find a whole dash harness fairly cheap if you just want to plug and play. good thing about fox bodys are the abundance of parts available