1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my 94 cobra 351w/th400/s480 build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 94 cobRa, Sep 23, 2014.

1. TA153

What size radiator were you able to fit like that? Guessing length stays same but the height has to be an inch or 2 shorter than factory.
    Keep the pics coming, looking real good

2. 94 cobRa

Its actually factory sized radiator with spare room to go up or down

3. bgjohnson

A few things, there are idle settings for the IAC. It either uses a time based control, or closed loop control, and it works off of duty cycle.

Also, there's an acceleration table, adding fuel to that will greatly increase your of idle response. The initial settings are between a 1500-4500 window, or something like that. If you set the accel to come in at 1100 , it should prevent that weird popping right off idle.

Plus, play with your warm up enrichments. See what the car likes.

4. 94 cobRa

ok a little update-

I got my th400 in from rossler!
    [​IMG]#ad

Also got the intercooler and cold pipes. Got the intercooler mounted up-
    [​IMG]#ad

Got the slip fit cover back from Jose @ forced inductions-

[​IMG]#ad

I got a converter from a friend who got it from a friend. Supposedly a redneck 3000 stall Im using that just to get the car moving and iron out some stuff before stepping up to a custom converter.

I got the trans installed, with .120" washer behind the feet of convert it is around .160" out of the trans pump. Trans actually went in real nice and has plenty of room as far as I can see. Got the pan off and welded in a oil return bung.

Made this trans mount using the stock mount and some scrap metal in the garage-

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

unloomed the fuel injector harness and removed some unnecessary stuff to make it less bulky so It would fit better-

[​IMG]#ad

5. 94 cobRa

trans in and all bolted up with rubber trans mount. plenty of room around the trans-

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Adjusted the adjustable rear upper control arms and matched their lengths.

Trans came out at -4 * so I set the pinion to +1.5/2*. See how it does and go from there. There is what Im going by to start with-

[​IMG]#ad

Picked up a spicer th400 slip yoke from town and got measurements for a driveshaft. Came out to 49 1/8" with 1" slip out of the trans. Hopefully Ill get that going today.

6. bgjohnson

-6 down is for rubber joints in the rear end.

What's your setup in the back? Mine is only down -2 I have 4 solid joints and 4 poly.

7. 94 cobRa

They are all poly except for the rear uppers that attach to the rear end housing. Those are rubber.

8. bgjohnson

I'd really consider putting some solids in the rear housing. When you start making good power, they flop all over the place. Gave me horrible wheel hop issues.

9. 94 cobRa

worked on turbo placement and making a mount. Air filter is gunna be tight if at all. \

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. luckythirteen13

Lookin good

11. 94 cobRa

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. jay_rich

Awesome build. I like the attention to detail especially the wiring. Pays off in the end!

Jay

13. Chris91LX

Nice build, wiring and welding looks really nice. Subscribing.

14. 94 cobRa

made some progress on the hotside this weekend. Got the driver side to turbo flange and tacked up and the passenger side to turbo flange all cut and ready to be tacked. Just need to add a v band to the straight section coming out of the passenger side header.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. 2slowfox

Nice build! What size pipe are you using?

16. afterfire

I'm really enjoying watching this build so far. Are you just gonna dump the exhaust out of the fender?

17. 94 cobRa

thank you, im using 2.25" on the hotside and 3" coldside

Im not 100% sure what im doing with the exhaust but most likely its going to be dumped somewhere outside of the driveside fender

18. ricky

you are making great progress, keep it up!

19. 94 cobRa

I think im going to order a pair of jgs 40mm gates and a 60mm bov. get the gates on and I will be in the home stretch I think-

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. 1hcam

Those are the same gates and bov I purchased for my build. I have not got to use them yet, but I've heard great things about them. I highly recommend one of these bellows if you haven't already considered it. Just a thought but the way you made you turbo brace you could almost add one to the other side and have motor plates.

[​IMG]#ad