1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my 94 cobra 351w/th400/s480 build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 94 cobRa, Sep 23, 2014.

1. 94 cobRa

tfs stage 2

2. rick90lx

Where did it peak at?

3. 94 cobRa

Pretty sure last time it made power all the way till I left off 6500. I shift at 6500 and I definitely don't feel it falling off

4. rick90lx

Thanks, mines a bit lazy and I suspect the cam is a bit too large for what I'm trying to do. I'm thinking about trying one of those, even though I have a few more cubes.

5. Speedracer61

Great build. It caught my attention because we have just bought a 94GT roller that is built for the Ultra Street class but is still very capable of being street driven. Our thoughts are to do a turbo build so it was great to see what all you have done with this combo and body style. Very impressed with the hot side piping and will probably use it as a reference on ours. I do have a question on turbo placement. Is there a reason you placed it forward on the drivers side? Based on space limitations I know we are going to have to mount if forward but my thoughts were to go to the passenger side to maybe help counter the weight of the driver. Is there any reasoning as to one side or the other?

6. Speedracer61

I was also wondering what headers you used?

7. 94 cobRa

update.. made it back to the track for a handful of passes after a little interior updating:
    [​IMG]#ad

1/8 mile
    [​IMG]#ad

1/4 mile
    [​IMG]#ad

8. Bluest

Awesome times man. What did you do to go from 6.1 to 5.7s? Was most of that in getting the 60ft down? What does your convertor footbrake? Car is moving out!!

9. 94 cobRa

yea pretty much all 60ft, haven't touched the tune or engine except for moving the alternator.

unsure of what the converter will do with the footbrake, I use a t brake. I think it starts to spin the tires around 2700

- - - Updated - - -

the alternator is on the pass side, so I put it on the driver side where the p/s pump used to be.

they are bbk shorty headers

10. Forcefed86

Great times! What's the timing and boost look like on the 8 sec pass? E85?

11. Chris91LX

Nice work! Car is moving.

12. 94 cobRa

e85... something like 23psi - 17* timing

- - - Updated - - -

only gained 1mph from 21 to 23 psi because I encountered some kinda breaking up during the pass. possibly ignition

13. 94 cobRa

the kit is sold, about time to start a new one!

14. Nortex

Very impressive results with this car. Any updates?

15. nxcoupe

Really impressed with the performance of this stock shortblock. I really like sn95 cars as well. Wish guys would keep updating, I don't do fb and unfortunately it seems most people are going that route.

CobraCommander likes this.
  16. hoopty5.0

I follow him on FB too, haven't seen much lately. Last I saw he was selling everything off to switch things around.

17. 94 cobRa

I will be starting a new build thread soon

Nortex, MCA and hoopty5.0 like this.
  18. 94 cobRa