1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MY 93 LX Coupe Build From Stock to Turbo By LUJAN MOTORSPORTS

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 93AlexCoupe, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 93AlexCoupe

Lol
    I'll take my truck instead.

2. 93AlexCoupe

Thanks buddy!

3. 93AlexCoupe

Got some small magazine love...lol
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402095264.431246.jpg #ad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402095296.448602.jpg #ad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402095264.431246.jpg #ad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402095296.448602.jpg #ad

4. runbmc3

You went in the 8's before the A2W correct? I'm thinking about trying to duplicate this combo! It's so simple yet so impressive!

5. 93AlexCoupe

Thanks! That was the whole idea. Well except going a2w but still simple. I was already in the 8s but my iats were 210 with the cx a2a.

6. 93AlexCoupe

Got a new turbo coming from FI, SS parts for the new hotside are coming in. Turbo is 8weeks out but he can start on the hotside without the new turbo.

7. mcj50

What did you go with?

Jose and his turbos are addicting, I think he is making me another one. My priorities are clearly in the right place, turbo collection and a car that barely works.

8. 93AlexCoupe

Lol, I gave in and went with a t6 flange, 84mm etr ho, 1.1 a/r. I actually purchased it from Lil John but obviously its coming from Jose.
    I'm tossing the idea of trying to fit a 5" dp or starting 5" and necking down.

9. ricky

wow,thats a step up for sure! i guess since you are completely re-doing the hot side,now is the time to go with a T6 if you are going to.

truck looks great!

coming down to key west for a several days next week..you down there often? i'll shoot you a pm

10. 93AlexCoupe

Yeah man, that was my thinking, since I'm redoing the hotside might as well make it t6. And upgrade to a turbo I will not have to change for a while, or at least I think..lol
    Lil John has a billet gt55 94 sitting in the shelf, I'm tempted to try out...lol
    I probably could have pushed my cast 80 some more but not much. My race against Randy was the best 1/8 mile time at 5.5, even with both headers cracked. So I know there was still some potential.
    I also drove up to pbir after Bradenton and got the car to leave at 4400 rpm @15psi which it's never done before. Unfortunately the clocks broke so I couldnt get a slip.

11. mcj50

My aggressive 347 needed a lot of changes to spool a GT52 based turbo. Looser converter and smaller cam. Makes obscene power but very much alters the car. Go with what is matched to your car, try to be a hero and you will be changing 10 other things.

-Guy who tried to be a hero

12. 93AlexCoupe

Lolol well I already have a small cam. But all bs aside, I won't do the 94, this is what happens when you have to wait too much. Mind starts wandering to bigger turbos, twin turbos, running methanol with no ic, all sorts of thoughts....lol
    Have you gone back out for testing?
    If i get some good testing in, I may make the trip to the finals in Oct.

13. yellowpony

Can't wait to see the results on the 84 Alex, now I'm going to have to get a bigger turbo to keep up with you guys! And I know about the mind wandering and methanol....

-Guy who has a drum of methanol in the garage

14. mcj50

My cam is replaced, converter loosened, burned wire that was preventing charging replaced, crank sensor sorted out.

Currently my trans is at Hughes having a nagging leak addressed.

15. ducatibrian

Nice turbo pick Alex! Car should really fly once sorted out.

16. 1sicpny

That car is going to be even more of a beast with that turbo.
    -

-president of the Jack stand club

17. mcj50

Ha! You are also the guy that changes too much shit.

18. 93AlexCoupe

Lol
    I'm hoping it should work out good, my goal isn't set very high so if it performs better, I'll be happy lol

I'm probably going to call my trans/converter shop see if I should send mine in also.

Thanks! It was actually Lil John who suggested the 84 over the billet 80 for whatever reason.

Thanks! I really don't see my car as a beast lol
    I'm the little guy in the back just trying to keep up...lol

19. 1sicpny

Lol that is also true!

20. vwdave

Who are you using for transmission stuff? Jason at ATF?