1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 71 Maverick Grabber Build..... Update - DIY turbo kit fab started 6/9/12!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by franktf, Jun 6, 2010.

1. franktf

This one will be worked on a little at a time while driving in between(of course it doesn't need the kind of rust repairs the Maverick did either)..... It will be turbo befor it's all said and done.....

As for the story on it, here is the new build thread: https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/366273-My-72-Mercury-Comet-Build

2. franktf

Wave by by, as the Mav is leaving on a trailer..... We took it to my friends(the buyer) shop and put it on the lift to remove the suspension stuff..... Tonight we took the wheels/tires and all the brake caliper/rear rotors off, that stuff is now at my shop..... Tomorrow I am meeting him at noon so I can get the rear and all the suspension stuff the the shell is his.....

3. BlownShovel

Hate to see it head down the road but totally understand. When my ls lq swap truck left it was bittersweet but the future is better. Start the new build and keep quality just as high. You inspired many with this one.

4. rdakota340

Yea there goes alot of work right there,so whats his plans will we see it finished.

5. franktf

I really don't feel bad about it at all, because I know what I am replacing it with is far more solid foundation..... As for quality, I only build them one way..... Hopefully the new build will also inspire many more..... I can also tell you the new one will be completely put together, none of them are ever really finished..... Right now Iam enjoying just putting around in the Comet, it's amazing the reactions it gets as is.....

Yes sir, but that's the choice I made..... His plans are for it to be his bracket car, it is getting a full chasis and tubbed..... Weather we will see it finished is hard to say, only time will tell.....

6. black88coupe

Hate to see it sold. Out with the old and in with the new as they say.

7. 69GT

Damn. Me and My 72 Grabber got here just in time to see yours leave :( 008.jpg #ad

008.jpg #ad