1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

my 70 fastback mustang

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by racerron67, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Twin Turbo Skylark

Sounding really good! Glad to see it is a street car, I thought it was a drag only car when I saw the pics...

2. racerron67

look what came in the mail.time to upgrade
    [​IMG]#ad

3. Rip Rock

Ah the fun part. what size of crank trigger wheel? 36-1?

4. racerron67

its a 6 3/4 wheel. yes to 36-1. how is your mustang coming along and since im a wood floor guy did you get your wood floor installed?

5. Rip Rock

Got the mustang parked for the winter. Have some stuff that still needs to be done, but the supra needed more work. So the supra is in the home garage. Got the hardwood done in the summer. Did 3 rooms and it was about a room a day, including moving the furniture in and out. I'll re look at the mustang in the spring, that car is a handful. Lol needs better tires and I can't see too well through the hood cowl. Looking or going to make a shorter version so I can have more vision. Or try to find a boss 260/290 or cobra r intake.

Have fun with the upgrades! I'm watching

6. racerron67

there's a company in California that makes real nice cowl hood for the 69-70 mustang. i bought mine from creigs list (new). it was going on a mustang the was in the sema show but the company ended up using a flat one. i guy said it came from a company in CA.

7. racerron67

I built my own cam synchronizer out of a 97 Explorer 302. I turn the top of shaft down on the 351 Windsor distributor shaft to .375.drill a 3/8 hole in the top of the 5 liter cam synchronizer shaftcut it off around a half inch down from the top then welded to the top of the 351 Windsor distributor shaft installing into the cam synchronizer body install a larger o-ring and installed in the motor

8. racerron67

got some pictures and videos

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

9. flyinhillbilly

Subscribing, I've been working on a big tire 67 fastback for my boss, I love your car, very nice work.

10. racerron67

thanks flyinhillbily. i been doing all this myself with some help from friends. the mustang will be at the Detroit autorama. march 6,7 and 8

11. BlownShovel

hmm - Might have to check the weather and make a trip up

12. racerron67

what part of the country you live in. I've been trying to get the car to start with my new ms3x but I found out last night that I wired up my cam position sensor wrong and it ruined the sensor.I had the positive and negative switched oops

13. BlownShovel

Ohio - about 3.5 hrs away.

Sorry to hear about the cam sensor - If show doesn't work out hopefully Milan or Norwalk if the weather ever breaks...

14. racerron67

i have good news. i got the car working first thing the crank sensor was at 3.5 mm and i was getting a little bit of a signal so i made another braket. this time it was .020 still nothing. my tooth wheel is a little close to the balancer but i had a guy look at it. it was ok. so finally i put a .100 thick washer between the bracket and sensor which made it .120 gap. car is running now but only with wasted coil on plug mode. cam signal was not working as you all know. well it was the settings on tuner studio under trigger wheel arrangement. i had it on single wheel with missing tooth it was suppose to be duel wheel with missing tooth, tuner studio can be a little confusing at times. anybody need a little help setting up there mega squirt let me know. lastly i put my car in the Detroit autorama last weekend. had alot of lookers. it was a good time.

15. racerron67

detroit autorama
    [​IMG]#ad

16. racerron67

17. BlownShovel

Well done. Glad you made it to the show - looking good

18. racerron67

Yeah I'm glad I got the car running it always seems like there's something wrong in the ECM box that I did wrong but in the end it ended up being just the settings

19. 1hcam

Pics look good Ron!!!

20. racerron67

thanks. I left you a message on your build.