1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 70 Chevelle Build BBC TV8101

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by BlownShovel, Feb 5, 2006.

1. flyinhillbilly

You've been clicking on the threads at the bottom huh? :) welcome, I've done some thread Jesus work myself.

2. BlownShovel

Thanks - and on occasion it has been in your neck of the woods - Beaver springs

3. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

Yeah i been checking out some old posts through the search engine , Trying to figure all this turbo stuff out , Lot of talented people on this form wish i had a 1/4 of that talent ..
    Seen that chevelle and i love the stance ! and it is one nice looking car for sure !
    Ahh a pa guy nice! I like talking to people close to me of hoping one day checking out there cars and seeing what i have to do to mine, Mine is an olds Buuuut under the hood its a chevelle lol

4. BlownShovel

Nothing wrong with a buick - I started out Poncho - same same. Didn't want to start over and BBC my GTO so I sold the GTO and built this with the 454 . Not actually from PA - NE Ohio - but many relatives central PA . Reunions and other trips. Beaver Springs has some fun street car events.

As for your car - search and soak up the info -it will save you doing things over and over again.

5. flyinhillbilly

X2, you're on the right track reading up on what works and doesn't. I learned most of what I know about this stuff by reading build threads and such.

6. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

Hurry up and see your relatives again and swing by and install my turbo ! Lol
    i guess that in the poconos ? a few hours from me ..
    What size tires you have on the chevelle ?

7. BlownShovel

State College/Philipsburg area. central pa I'll be right over :biggrin-new:

8. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

2700 ? who are these guys ? and how do you get ahold of them may i ask ?

9. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

Lol Lol Maybe ill go the pro-charger route ..

10. BlownShovel

11. BlownShovel

12. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

yeah its a little over whelming at times for sure! seems like when your running a turbo everythings in the way ,

13. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

14. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

15. BlownShovel

Yes - tore up more stuff in 1 pass then all the parts combined over 20yrs. Sucked to say the least -Procharging like a fool at the moment

16. 71 Olds Cutlass SBC

Breaking sucks for sure ! have any pics of your system ?
    I wana get something where i dont have to get rid of power steering , or move the Alt all over the place lol

17. BlownShovel

I'll see what I can find. Car is away for winter. I swapped to a short wp and placed a vbelt pulley on rear of crabj pulley to drive alt, wp. I do not have PS. One of the few options the car didn't come with. My alt is on pass side and in a good loc.