1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My 70 Chevelle Build BBC TV8101

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by BlownShovel, Feb 5, 2006.

1. RealQuick

Anymore info on this turbo? WHats it rated HP wise and other specs?

2. BlownShovel

Initial build will be NON intercooled just to get it on the street in the spring. Hopefully I'll come up with some $$$ for the Icooler.

Walt

3. Jess

Gonna be sweet

4. BlownShovel

Making a little progress. Thanks to Gordon for re-welding up the headers...don't ask :bang:

Fabbed up the driver/passenger hot side to the turbo. Still a long way to go Don't have the -AN parts for the oil feed/return, Downpipe, Cold side, and Oh yeah...trans needs some work.

Pass0038.JPG #ad

5. BlownShovel

Here is another pic.

Walt

Driv0039.JPG #ad

6. TURBOMAGNUM

SUBSCRIBING
    I love it!
    keep the info comming.
    I have a 69 that I am doing a TV81, 454 in the next couple years.

7. BlownShovel

The project is trickling along. Still shooting for an April startup.

Walt

8. mybigpony

Hey Walt, looking good. So what wastegates did you end up using?

Mike

9. BlownShovel

I have the twin Deltagates for now. Gonna try them and see what I come up with. Both have 7lb springs. I'll try to go that low before MBC Boosting up.
    Walt

10. TURBOMAGNUM

Just out of curiosity, do you know the wheel size on the 8101?
    I have an 8102, that the inducer on the comp. wheel is 3.050" or 77.5MM
    just wondering what the diff is in the compressors.

Casey

11. BlownShovel

Casey,
    The compressor wheel is 85MM
    Walt

12. mybigpony

So what size are the delta gates?

13. BlownShovel

Small...l 35's.They are all pretty much th esame. Cheap in used form. Some have kept boost down with them...others have not. We'll see. I guess I could add a couple more :eek: j/k

Walt

14. Scott02GT

You sjhould have like 5 Walt, it would be like having warts hahaha

15. BlownShovel

Hope it doesn't take wart quantities to keep boost down...we'll see. I put decent sized pipes to the WG flanges in case I upgrade to something larger.

Walt

16. ddv005

badass, i am doing a TV8101 on my 455 pontiac so i am VERY interested

17. TURBOMAGNUM

Yeah! how about an update on this one!

18. pdqwagon

How are things comming along? Any updated pics? Is an April startup still the plan?

19. Zerex

Well, I'm interested aswell in this project as our 455 Buick will be along the same lines. What sort of numbers do your heads flow?
    What fuel pump did u go with? What size are your primaries (headers).
    Looks good man

Jason

20. BlownShovel

I can't remember exact details on the heads. I ported them and opened them up to 2.19 1.88. They are factory steel oval ports. Flow was in the 300 range at 6-.700 but the low lift was excellent. I went an unconventional route on headers. Stepped logs from 2" primary to 3" Inches.
    Fuel pump is an SX but I may need to upgrade if I push on the combo harder than I did with the procharger.

I'm only hoping for 9's...your combo will be pushing things harder. The SX wouldn't cut it for your combo. I'd look at magnafuel ...do it once and be done with it. I am curious to see how well the 8101 reacts to the cid's we are running. Should be interesting.

Walt