1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

most boost in a stock 350 block?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by nxfirebird, Nov 9, 2006.

1. trbo355

CAT makes a main girdle for small blocks? How did it fit and what do you think of it? Sounds like a good idea to me to help hold em together! :2thumbs:

2. Robert1320

I can't find the picture. Just yes I have seen the remains of an 010 block with the rear main cap and #4 pulled out of the block. The same motor would eat main bearing once it was over the 1k mark and when pushed a little harder it eat everything.

3. big boost

yeah it fits pretty good,it looks pretty nice, you have to clearance it a little bit for the crank throws but other than that it was like 70$ with all the hardware,i used the hardware that it came with ,but it might be a good idea to upgread to arp studs . i havent actually put the oil pan on yet i hope it fits lol .its supposed to fit under a stock pan too!! :2thumbs:

http://www.catpep.com/searchengine/searchengine.asp cant get the link to werk!!!! try copy and paste or catpep.com and look there for it

4. Rinks

I'm going to try for around 800 to 850 next year with a 383 pt 88, 4340 crank ,h beam rods, srp pistons, victor jr. modded holley 750 Not sure of heads or cam yet. :chacha: