1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mopar 360 compound turbo Vlog

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Prochargedmopar, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Drac0nic

1-I'm surprised you can take the rust off that crank without appreciable material removal.
    2-Holy mud wasps. They are aggrevating I was having issues with tuning and found out that I had no fuel hardly due to mud wasps in the fuel lines. Enough to drive a fellow crazy
    3-Somehow, I could see my son being on my back like that while I was trying to do something. Makes me chuckle a bit.
    4-I think going stock stroke is good if you're not going to do a full overbore.

Prochargedmopar likes this.
  2. tbird

If there is a hole, them fuckers fill it dont they.

3. Prochargedmopar

Yup.

4. Prochargedmopar

Yeah,
    I’ll do a vid of the removal and measurements next weekend.
    I was surprised too.

5. Prochargedmopar

More goodies rolling in...
    Everyone says NOT to use cast pistons for boost.
    The installation instructions say its fine.
    We’ll see.

6. tbird

KBs are much better than the stock and factory replacement Hypers. They have less silicon % than the others which helps their durability.
    I ran these in a SBC for many years spraying 150hp on 93 oct. I did kill one though on the first hit on 200hp with a mix of 93 on motor and 110 oct on stand alone fuel system. Detonated bad and killed a ring land . Piston didnt explode like is always talked about with hypers. It had massive detonation erosion on the pistons. Piston was strong enough that when it all went down it cracked the bore and piston remained intact.

7. tbird

fyi. Pay attention to KBs ring gap instructions. They transfer heat differently than other pistons so the gap needs to be a bit bigger.

8. Prochargedmopar

I plan to use the top ring drag supercharged on alcohol ratio which is .085 per inch bore.
    +.002 for goid measure run the 2nd ring pack a few thou more than specified.

9. Prochargedmopar

More wrong parts but crank progressing
    and a show of some novice skills.

10. Prochargedmopar

Working with dingle balls.....

11. Drac0nic

As a question, what are you planning on doing with the decks? High grit paper and some glass maybe? How'd you make out for taper this way that'd be my concern really rather than the ridge.

12. Prochargedmopar

I will clean them up and check for flatness.
    Other than that no plans.
    Will have to check taper next weekend but should only be about .002
    Still need to check crank saddle straightness, hone lifter bores, crank runout, lots of cleanup, etc.

13. Mnlx

I've had a bad experience with a set of KB hypers... piston failure that destroyed the block. Rod and pin were still intact, but piston parts scattered everywhere.... in the valley, pan, and out the exhaust. 12:1 7000 rpm na sbc.

14. Prochargedmopar

I will be giving these a shot with 10:1, e85, stock rods and block acquired for basically free. and up to 15# of boost if they hold.

Better to practice tuning on this conglomeration of parts than a full on forged high $$ rotating assembly.
    jmo

15. Prochargedmopar

You were on point.
    By the time I got done dinking around with 4 different grit stones they were round and looked great but had 0.010 taper near top. Uugh!
    Taking 360 block down along with this 72 318 block to get “prepped” at a local rebuilder.
    The little one is going into my sons 72 Satellite and will have magnum heads.

I’ve got a set of kb STD. pistons and hastings moly file fit rings at 1/2 price if anybody wants em’. lol

16. Prochargedmopar

17. Prochargedmopar

Been busy on to many other projects.
    Corolla engine install, 2 bathroom remodel/repairs, refurbish old boat floors/interiors, repair van for dad....

Here are a couple things that pertain to fabrication or automotive performance.

18. Prochargedmopar

Very slow progress as there are
    So many other things to do.

Did another toyota engine swap and bought microsquirt setup for a magnum swap but here is a little progress.

19. Prochargedmopar

China oil pumps?
    NOT!
    *** (I miss understood how the bi-pass worked. See next vid.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  20. Prochargedmopar

Chinese not so bad after all.......