1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Missing, sputtering at higher boost intermittently

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by xxfastangxx, Apr 18, 2010.

1. xxfastangxx

Soo.... I found three melted spark plug wire boots...Couldn't see it since I have sleeves on them. This is the third set. How are you guys routing your wires?

2. Timbostang

Did this fix the problem? Try wrapping your headers. My buddy was having that problem with his 79 corvette and couldn't find a good way to route them to keep em from burning. So he wrapped his headers and hasn't had a problem since. There is a spray adhesive you can put on with the wrap that will help keep it in place.

I just dsconnected my 2-step a few minutes ago so I will find out in the next couple of days whether it was a coil voltage problem. My car has coil on plug ignition and it routes the voltage from the cop back to the MSD and then back to the COP. Hopefully this will work. I lost a race to a 600 Whipple Cobra this weekend by a very big margin because the car cut out at 5k.

3. TeeJay

Careful on wrapping the headers. I know some manufacturers will void your hotside warranty if they find the headers to be wrapped. Also, wrapping the headers can cause them to crack.

4. Timbostang

This is true.

5. Timbostang

Update on my problem. I drove the car pretty hard to and from work today. About 100 miles. It never cut out at all. Ran all the way through 1st, 2nd, and to 5500 in 3rd. I didn't have any where to run 4th up but I think the 2-step might have been the problem. It is also slipping the clutch again just rolling into 3rd so the power is back.