1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LX Coupe LS Heart - First turby LS build!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Disney Lincoln, May 29, 2013.

1. Disney Lincoln

2. Disney Lincoln

Also messed around and got the E-fan wired in. I used this digital gauge/controller from CSR. I'ved used these in the past and they are awesome. I don't think they make it anymore though... I like being able to see the temp from under the hood, and it's easy to change the fan on/off settings.

[​IMG]#ad

20150301_224111_zpsudemulsf.jpg

3. ducatibrian

Nice work Disney!

4. Disney Lincoln

Thank you, sir!

5. TDmkr496

Titties man, titties....

6. Disney Lincoln

Thanks. And big thanks to TDmkr496 for the cluster and all the help along the way! Like.. Ripping off his basic design for the DP and turbo mounting and exhaust and ... Anything else I can find to rip off. :)

7. TDmkr496

Rip away my friend!

8. RedRocketZ28

Looks good man.

9. Disney Lincoln

Thanks. The little things are killing me on this car. Today I investigate why the fuel gauge isn't working. Well, it's because there is no sender. Now I need a new tank....

10. mustang-junky

[​IMG]#ad

Is that the k-member you were going to send to me?

Jess

11. BlownShovel

Enjoying this build

12. Turbwo

Nice job!

13. Disney Lincoln

Baby's first Burnout.

[​IMG]#ad

14. stackz

I had no clue this was possible. I literally just threw out 6 vents into my recycling bin 3 days ago before leaving town and now I'm sick about it thinking about spare parts as, when I buy foxes to flip, vents are always broken. if I could just paint them and replace broken vanes, my god. my mind is now blown. how careful do you have to be when pulling them apart??

they look VERY fragile for the bump ends...

you never mentioned what the belts were out of?? please do and the mods to get them to work?

15. Turbwo

What dye/paint did you use on the dash? Doing the same project right now.

Thanks!

16. Chris91LX

Nice work on this project. Subscribing...

17. Disney Lincoln

I use SEM Interior dye. You can get it from Latemodelrestoration, or from amazon. I used to buy it locally pretty cheap, but they don't carry it anymore.

The vents come apart pretty easy. I've got giant hand and drink a lot while smoking cigars, and I didn't tear any up. They are a bit fragile feeling, but none of mine broke while handling.

I used a small white touch up brush to put the details back on the vents. Looks very OEM, which was the plan.

[​IMG]#ad

18. BlownShovel

nice work on the Dash

19. Disney Lincoln

I got them out of a newer Mustang, I think it was a 2003? Not sure really.

I had to switch sides they were mounted to. Left to right and right to left. Then i had to cut the locating tab off of the mounting bracket and re-weld it into place to match the factory belts. The trickiest part to figure was the tip over protection. The belts automatically lock when they are more than about 15-20 degrees out of their natural location, so if you tilt them, they lock. This is for roll over, and steep hill descent type situations. I removed this function in order to be able to used them on the "incorrect" sides. They still function from a collision standpoint, but not a tip over.

I got both belts and the matching buckles all from the same car. Black and in great shape. I think I paid about $40 total and spent maybe an hour modifying them to bolt in place and work like the stock belts.

20. Disney Lincoln

Thank you, sir!