1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LX Coupe LS Heart - First turby LS build!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Disney Lincoln, May 29, 2013.

1. Disney Lincoln

I am anticipating my DP occupying that area. I want to mount it either pass. side or high on drivers side. I also have truck pullies and would like to keep them if possible to minimize cash outlay.

2. BIGSHUNN

Beautiful Project Bro!

3. Disney Lincoln

Thanks! Got some awesome parts on the way for it!!

4. craig6.9diesel

Need to get some fat ass tires on that thing too! It looks silly as hell with those tires all stretched out like its an import or something.

5. nj636

I like the fr500's :-D

6. jaredsamurai

7. 1BAD6T6

I seem to remember someone saying this when I picked up my notch.
    Car looks great! Good luck with the build. Hope to see you around this year.

8. Disney Lincoln

With any kind of luck i'll get it out to the Mt. Juliet cruise on saturday nights.

9. Disney Lincoln

Got the old hot side off.... Like I've been telling people. The guy I bought the car from didn't run out of money, he ran out of talent. Here's the proof!!!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. TDmkr496

Wow that's rough!! Looks like some play school "my first welding project shit" lol

11. chiaj144

Did you buy the car from Ray Charles? That's some nasty stuff there.

12. Disney Lincoln

Bought it from SWAM. Stevie Wonder's AutoMotive.

13. jaquetapus

That just goes to show what happens when someone inexperienced tries on the Sloppy Mechanics style. Their stuff might be ugly, but it's way more functional than that! Can you imagine what would happen on the first startup when all that boogery slag went through the turbo? Ka-BOOM!

14. nj636

i picked up part of a home made turbo kit that was ran for quite some time with the flex pipe braiding coming apart (and i'm sure coming off). Some how the turbo survived.

15. craig6.9diesel

WOW, I cant weld and I could have done better then that! Just nuts that someone thought that was ok.

16. Disney Lincoln

Well, he covered it up with $80 of header wrap, so that made it LOOK better. I don't have the heart to show you his alternator mount....

17. jaredsamurai

It looks like be just made it out of weld. He just got a big roll of wire and started at the ground clamp and welded outward till that appeared. Like 3d printing but less precise

18. PaulF

Holy fuck! The merge looks like it has cancer!

The car itself looks awesome. Those FR500's are some of the best looking wheels ever to be put on a Mustang.

I can't believe the dude gave up when he was that close, that is sad! But hey, his loss is your gain. Keep this thread updated, that car is gonna be hot. :thumbsup:

19. jaredsamurai

So after seeing that abortion, are you going to go back thru the motor and check his work?

20. Disney Lincoln

Nah. Seems anything he could bolt on he did pretty well. It was when he was given artistic freedom that he got Parkinson's with the welder.