1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

LX Coupe LS Heart - First turby LS build!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Disney Lincoln, May 29, 2013.

1. Disney Lincoln

Appreciate it! For sale!!!

2. TDmkr496

I'll give you $50 and two slaps across the face!!

3. Disney Lincoln

That would be a non-refundable deposit.

4. Disney Lincoln

On the phone with Jake's Performance about my TH400 again. I keep trying things, but I just know it's going to have to come back out and i'll have to go through it. Thats why we buy $1700 tranmissions, right? So we can go through them ourselves 5 miles later. So far they have been helpful in diagnosing it, but still... Frustrating.

5. ducatibrian

That is a pain! What is it doing exactly?

6. Disney Lincoln

It acts fine cold. When it's warm, it won't shift into 3rd unless I lift off the throttle. I just sent it back to Jakes, we'll see what he finds. I imagine it's a rolled lip seal on the direct clutch or a broke sealing ring. No telling....

They were very hesitant to agree to fix it since it's two years old, even though it's got no miles on it. He finally said they would fix it if I pay shipping. So I sent it out. If I wasn't going to be out of town this weekend, i'd just kept it and fixed myself. But, New Orleans is calling my name.

7. Disney Lincoln

Just talked to the poeple at Jakes. They were able to find my transmission on the pallet that I shipped it on. Haven't touched it yet.

8. ducatibrian

Lol, no rush...

9. Disney Lincoln

I guess not. It's taken two years before the transmission got put into service, what's a few weeks waiting to get it back from repair?

10. ducatibrian

Meh...

Just more time to think about the next one! ;)

11. Disney Lincoln

OK, Go the transmission back, and it is actually worse now. Talked to Jakes a bit more, and they decided to just build me a new unit. Score one for Jakes! Just when everyone doubted them, they come through big on this one. I can't wait to get the new trans in and finally open this mother up!

12. Bruiser2008

Ran out of talent..wow I wish I could build something like that..haha a for effort right

13. Disney Lincoln

You can own this one!

14. Bruiser2008

I was laughing at the hot side that came with car and hit the wrong reply button. Nice build his luck with the sell

15. Disney Lincoln

Trans back out, on the way back to Jakes Performance. They are building me a new trans. Hope to get it back this week.

16. TDmkr496

That's pretty stand up of them

17. Disney Lincoln

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't wait to have a good trans in this thing so I can work the tune out and tear the streets up and then sell the shit out of this car!

18. flyinhillbilly

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to try to get out of it?

19. Disney Lincoln

As much as I can! As of today, I think i'll be asking $16k.

20. Disney Lincoln

done_stamp_stainless_water_bottle_10l.jpg #ad

I'm calling it! It's been a long windy road, but this pig is done. It's currently at 14# and spins the Hoosiers at 80mph. It's now listed FOR SALE!!! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

done_stamp_stainless_water_bottle_10l.jpg #ad