1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Lutz Racing is making some changes for 2007.

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Bill Lutz, Dec 8, 2006.

1. 85Iroc

I think none of the above ...... I could be wrong but I think it is custom by Alan Dudley.

2. Pontiac4ever

Whats different about his / yours if you care to elaborate? If I recall, he wasn't near as fast as you....high 7's maybe? Think his had 2 injectors per cyl. + 3 in the intake tubing also.

Hope you're going to post dyno #'s when you get it up and running! Or atleast more pics. It's gonna fly. Good luck.

Craig

3. MUSTANG B

Congrats on the new and improved step up....

Guess I am all alone now with the Alky Blow thru! :( :bah:

4. Proaction14

Going to the "Dark Side" ehhh.

Man, thats pretty sweet. Good luck, you have definately made a name for yourself with the blow thrus.

5. Bill Lutz

The biggest difference is mine is made by Alan Dudley and another guy it's not a fast or Big Stuff 3. My system has no sensors other than a map and fuel pressure no other sensors what so ever. It is a load based system meaning if it's at 25PSI and 6000RPM it's putting a specific amount of fuel in it for that load and so on. It We will be going directly to the track with the system no dyno time for me because we will have no time before Bradenton at the end of January but I hope it will run number compareable to my carb setup if not then :bang: :bang: :bang: but Alan is very sharp with it plus it's already on 3 other cars so we have a little base line.

6. Bill Lutz

No there are still plenty of them that you don't know about such as Travis Essleman he has a 67 Firebird that has been 4.90's or 80's on a 10.5W tire/

7. MUSTANG B

I'd hope so....I haven't got mine running yet and yall are already leavn me in the Dust....lol

When I do get this thing fired up,yours and Rogers phone are gonna be jangalin... :D

P.S. You was leavn off of 4lbs right....Did your spool fairly quick?

8. Bill Lutz

Correct I left anywhere from 4 to 8 PSI and my car and at Orlando when it had the "issue" it only left with 1.5 PSI and still went a 7.33@198. My car spools so fast it's not funny and when you do get your car running feel free to call me I won't forget anything I know between now and then.

9. Pontiac4ever

Interesting Bill. Sounds like a mechanical injection but with electronic injectors. Hope it works good for you guys.

Craig

10. Bill Lutz

No it's electronic but it just put a certain amount of fuel for the boost and RPM that the motor is at.

11. MUSTLX50

Hey Bill, good luck with your new endevor. It was good talking to you and your son at Orlando, hope to see you next year down here and kicking ass in heavy street. Good luck and be safe. :2thumbs:

12. pudster1

good luck on the dark side bill :)

13. Bill Lutz

Dark side?????? I'm still the same guy just different thingy up on top putting air in the motor. Gerry your other part will go out Monday.

14. Tims86-9.80

Bill, when I get the parts I will send the check. :D

15. Chpwags

Will your weight reduction be done for the race?

16. Bill Lutz

No it will be 3500 still at Bradenton and then after that it gets light.

17. nos81bu

sad to see the fastest blowthrough car going away :(

but goodluck bill with your new venture hope it all works out for u :D

18. pudster1

I HEARD BILL IT SELLING HIS SHIT-CAUSE PATRICK IS GETTING TO CLOSE -WITH THAT SMALL BLOCK :bang: :bah: LMAO-

19. gryphon68

Bill -

You might consider bracing your fuel rail mounting lugs straight down to the manifold, this will reduce the bending stress on mount you show in your pics.

20. Bill Lutz

could you explain more?