1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ls turbo build questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by rooneystang, Sep 15, 2013.

1. rooneystang

@chiaj144

did you get a couple of passes in on saturday, or did you rain out?

2. chiaj144

Rained out. Pretty pissed, the car has never ran better. Don't know if I will get out this year now.

3. rooneystang

What about bolting the th400 to the late model motor? I was talking to a transmission shop the other day and they said I will need an adapter plate or special flywheel for the th400 torque converter. is this true?

chiaj144 do you know where I can get my hands on a th400 for cheap? I'm pretty confident that I can rebuilt it myself.

4. Disney Lincoln

do you not have Google in Canada?

5. chiaj144

TH400 bolts right up. You can use the stock flywheel/spacer you just have to open up 3 of the converter bolt holes. Depending on the setup your engine has you may need to source a spacer/flywheel combo. Should be able to find a 400 on kijiji.