1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Let's talk about the newb who's mommy bought him a mach 1......STERLING351

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by PrecisionTurboMustang, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MONTEGOD7SS

Busas have always been bigger. Suzuki never referred to them as sportbikes, and up until not too long ago had them in the Touring section of their website.

2. Turbohwagon

I asked my mom for a mach 1, she said no, but i did get a new pizza pan and cutter from her, which is probably more useful than a hobby car. 8)

3. Ackbar00

Best I could do

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. STERLING351

Ive never riden one. They dont look good to me, but if i had one it would be for the power. I like Buells they look nice and handle good, also like the new CBR1000rr

5. jaredsamurai

One of my good friends had a busa for a while. It was an 06 with a pipe and such. He is 6'4 and 250lbs and loved the size of it. I rode the thing one time. I've never ridden a Harley but god damn this thing had good bottom end. My only comparison was a 600 and a vfr 800 but this Busa was solid from idle to redline. I'm only 180lbs but I lugged this bike at first and at low RPM it felt like the 600 while in its power band. You should ride one. My vision got blurry when I laid into 2nd gear. I can honestly say I've ridden a 9 second bike but I didn't run a 9 second 1/4 mile

6. bgjohnson

I'm 6'0 and had a YZF1000R prior to this, the Busa is a more comfortable bike by far. I have to say it probably has the most comfy seat I've ever seen on a stock bike. Riding position is pretty good too, for long rides I really need a good tank bag for laying all the way down though. It is a big bike though, put it next to a 600 and it's huge, you can really feel it in the tight corners. Otherwise I have no regrets on it, best bike I've had yet.

7. Sleepy 50

well this thread turned to shit. :2g1c:

8. TTF/Ken Staff Member

True... but I've seen families who couldn't afford the hearse, casket and plot much less life insurance, savings and investments to make sure the kids were taken care of. Money doesn't buy happiness but it sure can spare you and your loved ones from a lot of misery when you're not worried about the basics.

9. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Damn, some of the hater stuff I see! Makes me wonder if some of ya'll are so poor you put free samples on layaway?

10. 10secgoal

Stealing napkins and butter from Home Town Buffet lol

11. 93gtstanger

So true. I come on maybe once a week now just to check everything out and now is the time. I read this thread mainly cause I am bored but what the shit is going on? I am all about flaming newbies and busting peoples asses and I know ptm and his cool ways... but what the shit? What happened here. We use to just blast people in their own threads and now we make new threads to get upset about someone who has parents that spend time and money with them?

Maybe I should stick to the tech topics only.

I agree with what Ken said, how poor are you/we that this upsets us? To each his own

12. PrecisionTurboMustang

I started this thread because I didn't want to derail a build thread and I was bored. You want me to start one about you too? Don't want you feeling left out.

13. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Yeah, lets get back to busting people's chops for doing dumb things. We need a Jalopnik worthy person to post so we can get a real flame war going!

14. jaredsamurai

Um my brother in law's supra will beat your whipple cobra any day!

15. STERLING351

yeah nice too see im not the only one missing the point behind this. Also dont know how im a newb just because my post count is low....i grew up around cars and engines

16. STERLING351

Umm who has a whipple cobra?

17. jaredsamurai

I was refering to this. But what I said was more of a streetfire or youtube comment

18. jfive

I thought I was the only one that felt this way about harleys.

19. TDmkr496

Hows the Mustang coming?

20. cravens02

I worked with a guy that had a honda bike and wore all HD gear and had HD stickers on his tank we calld it a hondavidsion lol